The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

Avinexis

Man, my 5870 can't run Skyrim maxed as it is, I really want that high resolution texture pack :(

You should be able to...I'm running above Ultra settings on mine (custom .ini) and my 4870X2 at best is equal to your 5870.

Man, my 5870 can't run Skyrim maxed as it is, I really want that high resolution texture pack :(

I can't either w/ 5850 @ 900mhz 1080p. I have to turn down draw distances a little bit and Decal Quality to high.

What res are you playing at?

Beach WTF ...and you're complaining?! ...sigh, I gotta go train till midnight as soon as I get out - oh yay! :glare:

Though maybe I will have enough time to get the download going so it's ready to go - wonder if I can queue up both the Creation Kit and the High Res pack or if I have to run the Creation Kit to download the textures - guessing it is the latter of the two.

I haven't downloaded the Creation Kit but did get the texture pack without a problem. Of course I haven't started up Skyrim since I got it (I've got WAY too many other games to play before dedicating my life to that one) but still, you can download the pack without the kit.

You should be able to...I'm running above Ultra settings on mine (custom .ini) and my 4870X2 at best is equal to your 5870.

Same here. All fine running very smoothly with a 5870 & i7 930. Thats with everything maxed, 8x AA & 16x AF.

It was a bit sluggish initially, but with all the latest patches and the 12.2 preview Cats, I'm doing fine. :thumbsup:

At what RES?

I just ran it fine with EVERTHING short of draw distances on max with the high-res textures installed.

That is at 1600x900 on a GTX285.

I run 1920x1080, I'm sure if I overclocked it a bit I could try and squeeze out enough performance, I'm only short one setting AF is at x8 instead of x16 (I think).

I run 1920x1080, I'm sure if I overclocked it a bit I could try and squeeze out enough performance, I'm only short one setting AF is at x8 instead of x16 (I think).

Are you using AA and FXAA?

If you only use FXAA you will get a massive jump in frame rate and imho it looks better too.