The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

Avinexis

Well, I had to reiterate it, this game is too awesome to risk anyone missing it :lol:

+1

I only started posting the midweek and weekend sales last week, but even if I wasn't doing that, I'd still have posted this because it is too major to not report.

I would like to have my own area in skyrim, basically I want a great hall, private quarters, armory, stables,etc...
Exactly, you single handedly (not like companions help all THAT much) helped nearly everyone in Skyrim with their personal problems, helped Jarl after Jarl with their petty tasks and saved Skyrim (and technically all of Tamriel and Nirn itself had the dragons spread to all continents), is not having your own castle and hold a pretty minor thing?

Is it weird if I'm already bored of it?.....

Then again, I did start playing it right after exams were over, for 7 hours straight on some days. But still, Its only been two months and it's not as fascinating as when I played Morrowind for the first time.

Game was still good though!

Is it weird if I'm already bored of it?.....

Then again, I did start playing it right after exams were over, for 7 hours straight on some days. But still, Its only been two months and it's not as fascinating as when I played Morrowind for the first time.

Game was still good though!

That's why I uninstalled it a month ago and vowed not to play it until the creation kit came out. Probably put in around a hundred hours and it was starting to lose a bit of the awesomeness factor. I'll give it another week while I wait for good mods to get released and then dive back in.

Don't know if anyone has seen this, but here are comparison shots with the high res texture pack: http://www.reddit.co..._pack_d/c3ot08e

For those too lazy to look, basically it seems the only real improvement you'll see is more details on items and indoor objects. Outdoor environments seem relatively unaffected.

Also, comparisons at IGN: http://pc.ign.com/ar.../1218176p1.html

From what I noticed with the HR pack, virtually every item except for rings have received better textures. Clothing, armor, weapons, necklaces, amulets, food, books, even the pages of the books all look better. A vast majority of the game world looks better, maybe not as sharp/grainy as some of the items from the 2K texture pack I had before, but definitely an improvement over the stock textures.

Character bodies look a lot better, some of the blocky areas on people's chests are smoothed out. The terrain does look better in most areas, still, not as good as some of the 2K textures but everything has been improved instead of bits and pieces. Overall, I am definitely liking the texture improvements Bethesda has made.

I have not had a noticeable performance hit like I got with the 2K texture pack. Some new areas still have a bit of a drop just because everything is being loaded in, but unless I'm surrounded by a ton of fire pits/torches, I don't have a huge drop in framerate.

Loving some of these new mods, not sure if they were in before the CK, but some of my early favorites are:

House Map Markers by Smakit

Dovahkiin Hideout

Riverholm

A Shack by the Springs

Ranger Cabins

Arrowsmith v3a

Loving some of these new mods, not sure if they were in before the CK, but some of my early favorites are:

House Map Markers by Smakit

Dovahkiin Hideout

Riverholm

A Shack by the Springs

Ranger Cabins

Arrowsmith v3a

Dovahkiin Hideout was definitely out before the CK, but the others I am unsure of. Loving the House Map Markers one though, a simple fix but a good one. I'm also liking the Complete Skyforge one since it adds a smelter and workbench to the Skyforge to make it a more worthwhile trip. No more having to smelt everything at Warmaiden's and then head to the Skyforge to work on some items.

How big is the texture pack? From every pic I've seen, the difference is so minute, it wouldn't be worth the extra storage space, depending on the size of the pack. The lighting is somewhat improved, which is nice, but I frankly don't give a damn about better grasses and barely discernible differences in wall textures.

How big is the texture pack? From every pic I've seen, the difference is so minute, it wouldn't be worth the extra storage space, depending on the size of the pack. The lighting is somewhat improved, which is nice, but I frankly don't give a damn about better grasses and barely discernible differences in wall textures.

Clearly don't read well. :rolleyes:

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=180501&view=findpost&p=1998687

http://www.overclockersclub.com/news/30635/

So I had to try it regardless of time constraints yesterday. I would have to agree with I don't think it is worth the space if you have Skyrim on your SSD, it really isn't worth the space. I have Steam on my storage drive with SymLinks to the save files. So on a normal storage drive, 3GB isn't too bad.

I see the texture difference on characters (especially the Draugr) and with snow/dust particles. So going thru an area with snow/dust blowing around is more noticeable. No impact on performance - still at 60fps ...even running full speed thru dungeons. Still maxing out (full run thru dungeons with fire/ash blowing in the air) at 81C ...but I had that before the texture pack. This game and BF3 love to punish my 570. Thinking of calling EVGA and :cry: about their horrible cooler. The 570 can definitely handle the load, the cooling on it just sucks. :glare: