The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

Avinexis

So I started this game over the holidays thinking I would be mostly playing BF3 on my new laptop. Instead I dropped... everything for Skyrim. To put it into better perspective... I started I think on the 22nd when it was on sale for $40 on steam. I do not know the exact count (will check tonight) though I think its around 60hrs of playtime so far. I have 72hrs on MW3. My MW3 time is a lot higher than BF3 because I have around 12 friends that play it regularly and only 1 who plays BF3 with me. Granted during the holidays I didn't play MW3 at all ...just Skyrim. Though MW3 released around 1.5 months prior to me getting Skyrim... and I have already logged in almost the same amount of hours in about 2.5 weeks. Kind of sad actually in many ways. And that is when I had time to play ...usually midnight till 5am.

The other sad thing is I could have just ported my save files from my laptop to my desktop but instead I started a whole new character (still a thief - but this time a Khajit - a cat) and I really haven't made a whole lot storyline progress. I found out a super easy way to earn a lot of money fairly quickly (on the legit I might add) and boost Smithing/Archery before even moving past Riverwood. Got lucky on this new char and saw a ring with a bonus to Light Armor for sale (900 gold) so my leather armor gives 46 protection. Sure Elven will be even better once I get to Whiterun.

I need to figure out how to recharge magic weapons though. My first character went through a magic axe in less than half a dungeon - granted the Silver Blades are tough but WoW that was quick!

I need to figure out how to recharge magic weapons though. My first character went through a magic axe in less than half a dungeon - granted the Silver Blades are tough but WoW that was quick!

Filled soul gems will let you recharge the magic weapons. Also used in creating magic items too.

And yes, I am not surprised at all you spent that much time on Skyrim so far. I managed to pull myself away from it for a month, but then this past weekend each night has been spent playing Skyrim. :lol:

Go to your inventory, hover over your weapon then hit "T". Hopefully you have a soul gem available.

I have like 65 hours or something on it, seriously the most addicting game I've ever played. Amazing. 10/10

Oooh, I thought it had to be done through some sort of crafting. I have seen those weapons for sale. How do you get ahold of the soul traps on their own?

Thanks for the answers by the way. :)

Edit:

Are the weapons better for a thief than? The spell casting seems like it would be hit / miss.

Edited by Fogel

Oooh, I thought it had to be done through some sort of crafting. I have seen those weapons for sale. How do you get ahold of the soul traps on their own?

Thanks for the answers by the way. :)

Edit:

Are the weapons better for a thief than? The spell casting seems like it would be hit / miss.

Like others said, you can use the soul trap spell or a weapon that has the soul trap enchantment. You just need some empty soul gems of varying sizes in your inventory, since different enemies require different types of soul gems. Human enemies require a black soul gem, however, so just keep that in mind.

As for a thief, like Stonerboy said, there is a perk to make daggers do 15x damage when you're sneaking. That is the highest level of it, while a lower rank one gives you 6x damage. You can use spells, however you probably will not receive a sneak attack bonus with a spell.

anyone else agree that after 100 hours whenever you see a dragon fly overhead you just think "OMG GO AWAY IM QUESTING!" :mfp:

Nope I still stop even if I run halfway across the map in a string of dragon encounters :)

For some reason I feel I must kill them :lol: also helps me explore random routs. Found so many caves ect doing this and quests always get left to the side :D