The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

Avinexis

Well gotta take back my "I haven't had any crashes" comment lol. Steam says 16.8 hours played as of now and i've probably crashed to desktop like...10 times or so. I tried that sound setting change but mine wasn't set to that high default setting others have mentioned. Mine was at '16 bit, 44100' and changed it to '24 bit, 44100'. No difference in crashes. At least it's 45-120 minutes inbetween crashes though. Would get real old real quick if it was more often. And usually the crash is during a loading screen right after going through a door.

And as far as spells being too powerful...I haven't experienced that myself. I use the flame spell sometimes but if I want to . something up real fast my 2H sword is a lot better. Then again the spell is a novice, my destruction is at lvl 19 and my two handed is at lvl 52....lol.

I'm using the latest Nvidia beta drivers with two GTX 580's with all graphics maxed out at 1920 x 1200 and it seems to be working fine.

With CrossfireX disabled I have everything maxed out using the Oblivion Crossfire profile. Once they fix the profiles I'm pretty sure ill be able to crank fsaa from 4x to 8x. Sits at 60 fps constantly now though.

Beautiful game!

SOOOO what do you think? Should I buy this game for the PC or for my PS3 that i hardly use...

i mean i have always said PC gaming is where its at, but i have noticed that when it comes to really slow moving games (pretty much non FPS games) maybe a controller wont be so bad. I feel like i'd emerge myself more if used a controller you know?

Idk though, i'd like to get a large LCD some day. Maybe the graphics would be a winning factor....actually now that i think about it i do have an xbox controller for the PC

but i dont have that big LCD yet.

lol

okay how about this...how are the graphics on the PS3 :P

Edited by damian

I'm using the latest Nvidia beta drivers with two GTX 580's with all graphics maxed out at 1920 x 1200 and it seems to be working fine.

Just installed the latest beta drivers and at 8xAA and 16xAF with FXAA on Ultra at 1080p I too am having zero issues with my 580 SLI :)

Just installed the latest beta drivers and at 8xAA and 16xAF with FXAA on Ultra at 1080p I too am having zero issues with my 580 SLI :)

Yup, I have the same settings. Too bad there's no Physx, I'm using a GTX 460 1GB at 970MHz as a dedicated PhysX card, lol.

I have noticed the favorites hotkey doesn't really work well, and right now, not at all. :(