3dMark 11

Water_Hazard

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that's really impressive for just two cards. I don't understand why Nvidia hates on the 7970. Their really something when it comes to OC'ing. rolleyes.gif

Wait a few months, NVIDIA probably won't even be worried about the performance or OCing of the 7970. I mean I am an AMD fan, but they only usually have the most powerful single GPU on the market for a short-lived time, due in large part to getting the jump on the launch. Then the green team drops their latest, charges an even higher premium, and looks in the rearview! But, hey that's only if history repeats itself ;)

I just got my HD 7970 today. Not going to flash the BIOS to allow further overclocking until after I get a full cover waterblock for it, but I likey. Overclocks to the CCC limit of 1125MHz Core Clock and 1575MHz Memory Clock without breaking a sweat. Beats the performance of two GTX 560 Ti's overclocked to 1GHz. Definitely impressed and can see the hype, but not at the $550 price. Maybe at the price I ended up buying for it after trading up two items ($405).

Btw Nyt, what method did you use to flash the BIOS? I'm sure I can look into it and figure it out, but I'm tired, and need to work in 5 hours. :(

Btw Nyt, what method did you use to flash the BIOS? I'm sure I can look into it and figure it out, but I'm tired, and need to work in 5 hours. :(

I didnt, lol. Used Sapphire Trixx which bypasses CCC limits

Capi, the unlock MSI Afterburner thread I wrote still works for unlocking OCing on the latest release! At least it does for my 6970's that I pushed to 1050/1550.

I don't think that works for the 7970. I've been able to overclock my 6970's (when I had them), that way.

Wow, my two overcloked 7970's beat your 4 stock 6970's on the graphics score :woo: 2 cards beating 4 :P Looks like Im done upgrading graphics since Im getting scores of nearly 3 580's

Well i might be able to OC mine and get another 1000 pts out of them, but lets give daddy's wallet a break for now so you don't have to :P