Looking at the 1050T or 965/970BE on an ASUS 890GX mobo

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 1050T does not overclockas far but easily over 4GHz, I would look at 945x4 vs 1050x6 though since the 945 easily goes as far as the others with that ram.

the perfect choise you made is the G chipset, since you can use is without a dedicated graphics card later as a server/ give to a surfig/email/chatting person and keep your gpu ;)

Edit:

Ram doesn't affect performavce (much) so go cheap and use a lower memory multiplier when overclocking, it is not noticable (except mem benchmarks)

Most HDDs (even the 10k rpm ones, not SSDs) doesn't even fill PATA 133MB/s (the flat wide IDE cables you've seen in museums) not to mention SATA 1, so getting sata 3 (6Gb/s) for an HDD is absurd! SSDs on the other hand easily fills SATA2 these days, but i've not seen so many YET that supports SATA 6Gb/s. RAID0 SSDs is fastest (except for PCIe ones)

Edited by medbor

Thanks for all the input so far everyone! However, I've since been wondering something else. How far along has onboard audio chips become? I currently am using an ancient Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS with a Logitech 2.1 setup. Is it worth it all keeping that sound card? I mean I'm no crazy audiophile, but I enjoy my sound quality too. Could I save the space in my rig and ditch the SB and use the onboard built onto the M4A89GTD??

Thanks for all the input so far everyone! However, I've since been wondering something else. How far along has onboard audio chips become? I currently am using an ancient Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS with a Logitech 2.1 setup. Is it worth it all keeping that sound card? I mean I'm no crazy audiophile, but I enjoy my sound quality too. Could I save the space in my rig and ditch the SB and use the onboard built onto the M4A89GTD??

I use the on board sound cards and logitech x530 5.1 speakers. Sounds ok to me. I can see why a discrete high quality sound card would be worthwhile, but I think you would need decent speakers to get any real benefit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...