My 1055T/DDR3 build to pull me out of ancient times!

HoLoDreaM

Well I've finally got around to completing my new system build. I'm coming from a DFI Lanparty NF4, Socket 939 Athlon X2 4200+, 2GB DDR1 with 2 9800GT 512mb cards in SLI. This rig is ancient in computer terms. I bought the first part for this build back in September when I got tired of buying games I couldn't play. Battlefield Bad Company 2 to be exact, and AION lags bad in big PVP scenarios.

I've now got a Asus M4A89GTD PRO 890GX, Phenom X6 1055T, and G-Skill Ripjaws 1600mhz DDR3 4GB (I bought a single 4GB stick, and will buy another 4GB stick for dual channel 8GB). It will be going into a Cooler Master HAF 922 case, and I will be reusing my Antec 650W Earthwatts PSU, dual 9800GT 512s in SLI, and my 500GB and 120GB HD's. I will eventually replace all these so I can keep two gaming computers in my house.

I just ran 3DMark06 on this computer and got like a 7800 (WEAK). And found results of my future setup with the same video cards doing like 15,000+. I'm excited to get this beast up and running. My RAM will be here tomorrow to get it complete.

I won a nice CPU cooler/fan combo in an OCC Contest, and once that gets in, I will begin my goal to 4Ghz OC. Thanks again OCC!

Very nice my friend! You are going to be soooo :woo:

Would love to see pics of your new PC when you get it done!

I'll certainly get some pics up! I need to buy another 200mm red LED fan for the side to match the other fans. And then I'm going to have some UV CCFL's in it. It'll look pretty slick.. I want to sand, paint, and clearcoat the inner shell black, but this case is all riveted together, and I don't want to deal with re-riveting everything.

Man, it's like you upgraded from the slightly better version of my old rig to the slightly better version of my new rig (well aside from the GPU)

I'm coming from an Athlon 4000+ Single Core @2.98GHz on an evga NF4 SLi board with a pair of 9600GSO's, probably the same ram kit, same PSU and a lot more HDD space.

Just upgraded to the rig in my signature.

You're gonna love it =] the load times are incredible, multitasking is a breeze, and I can run all of my games at max settings @1920x1440 now XD ...I need new games <.<

Dex, great to hear!

I just got my RAM in today, and did a fresh install of Windows, and in the process of reinstalling all my stuff. It sucks right now because I'm waiting on my high speed to get installed in my new house I just moved into, so I'm using my neighbors wifi. (They OK'd us haha).. I can't download anything over 100kb/s. I'm trying to download 3DMark and get all my games patched up..

Also, I am successfully running my 2 9800GT 512mb cards in SLI on an AMD chipset :D. I'm not even using an SLI Bridge because the one I was using was too short. I will be buying a longer flexible bridge online for like $10 and hooking that up. It will provide even more performance.

Only thing though, with the Turbo Boost thing. I have it enabled but in Windows and CPU-Z it still shows the stock speeds at all times (2.8ghz). I can't seem to get it to show 3.2ghz and everything is enabled for it... Anyone got a clue on that?.... In the mean time, I just jumped up the FSB to 220, good for very mild 3Ghz overclock (Cpu-z shows 3020mhz and AMD OverDrive Utility shows 3.4ghz). Once I get the side 200mm fan, and another CPU cooler installed, I will be aiming for 4ghz

I'm loving the performance of this rig! But oh I would just love to have a GTX580 in this!

Edited by HoLoDreaM

Just ran 3Dmark06, i went from like 7300 points to 17175 points in 3dmark. Thats with a 200mhz CPU overclock, and SLI 9800gt's on older drivers.

EDIT: Newer drivers and a little bit of overclocking the CPU and GPU netted me a 17792 3dmark06 score!

I will get an even better score once I buy a longer SLI bridge to connect the two cards, and get my 2nd 4GB ram stick to make it dual channel 2x4gb

EDIT2: Reused my cheap old Thermaltake copper CPU cooler, and got my temps way down. Sitting stable at 3.5ghz, got 18391 on 3dmark06. Gonna keep on going!

EDIT3: 4ghz CPU, RAM at 765mhz. scored 20118. I think I'm gonna just clock the RAM to 800mhz to keep it at stock setting and stick with these settings 4ghz+

Couldn't get a good round stable 4.2ghz. So after some tweaking on 4ghz. I got an even better score. 20596. That's actually with my GPU's underclocked because they run so hot!

Edited by HoLoDreaM