Nostalgia

kobalt

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya'll cant touch this (and it still works, minus the battery)

9227_1110029434424_1337490019_30279077_6119450_n.jpg

9227_1110029394423_1337490019_30279076_5285665_n.jpg

http://www.computermuseum.li/Testpage/Tandy-1400-FD-Laptop.htm (more info on it)

Though I don't think mine has a hard drive, the OS has to be loaded from a floppy to the RAM then you can load another floppy for whatever program you wanna play

man, my dad had one of those when was a kid, I thought it was the $hizz

Edited by F13Bubba

man, my dad had one of those when was a kid, I thought it was the $hizz

What games did you have??

I got Nibbles (THE ORIGINAL SNAKE GAME), Gorillas (Simplistic version of strategic angle/speed/wind games where you have to get your opponent with the right speed and angle in relation to the wind speed and direction), and Chess.

I have a TRS-80 Model 4P motherboard, it actually looks pretty cool.

I had the machine intact and I was going to modify a small 9" LCD into it with a MITX/MATX board inside of It, I ended up breaking a large piece of the plastic case however because the plastic was brittle.

I only kept the motherboard/mainboard:

1003800.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've been thinking about making into some sort of wall art as the board is a slightly transparent green and it look cool with a backlight on it.

My first computer was the Sinclair ZX80 which I upgraded first to the ZX81 and then the Sinclair Spectrum 16K. My first real computer was a 486DX33 I think for which I paid £1500 from the now no longer trading Time Computers. This was the last computer I actually bought all the rest were self built. I suppose I joined a little late, I'm now an old fart who's hit 50 but still have fond memories of DOS 6.0, Windows 3, Windows 3.11 for Workgroups, etc., etc. Never went down the gaming console route because I think they are a waste of time, but that's just me.

Compiling C and PASCAL programs on a Printaform 8086 was really fun, hit the compile key and go watch TV for 10 minutes (unless i had to get up and whack the hard drive once in a while).

My first computer was a Texas Instruments dunnowich with a whoping 16kb of ram that hooked into the TV, it was awesome :)

I have a TRS-80 Model 4P motherboard, it actually looks pretty cool.

I had the machine intact and I was going to modify a small 9" LCD into it with a MITX/MATX board inside of It, I ended up breaking a large piece of the plastic case however because the plastic was brittle.

I only kept the motherboard/mainboard:

1003800.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've been thinking about making into some sort of wall art as the board is a slightly transparent green and it look cool with a backlight on it.

I have something that looks like that, I'll get pictures up of it later

My first computer was a Timesx/ Sinclair 1000... with 2k of memory and then I upgraded to a 16k pack... Plugged into a black and white tv and programs loaded from the tape recorder... Yes it was Timex's (Timex Watches) foray into computers by patnering with Clive Sinclair of z80 fame from England. Learned Basic on that computer. After they stopped supporting it I bought a Commodore 64 and then went to an Amiga 500 shortly there after. Still have the Amiga, monitor and some disks ... I need to try it one of these days .

Tinpau

Laughs i still have a few 5-1/4 floppies lying around :biggrin: you could put 720K on those black hole size storage device then and you could punch them the other side and put twice the amount on one single disk WoW :woo: