Nostalgia

kobalt

For a 20Mhz i tought it was a little overpriced myself loll

You imagine the rig you could build with $8500 now days :whoa:

Edit: found another good one you might have to zoom in to see the text but it's funny

Rand Corp. still exists btw ;)My link

Still wonder what the Yacht sterring wheel is for :biggrin:

What, your comp doesn't look like that? Btw, the wheel is there purely for looks, and when I want to pretend I'm a pirate. Arggh!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there weren't too many boutique shops around that catered just to computers in 1989. And what is wrong with buying a computer at Radio Shack? They sell electronics, a computer is an electronic, whats the problem?

Also, I so want to play Sim City now. :lol:

Ok, so my original point was in 1989 you bought a top of the line computer @ The Shack. Walk into a Radio Shack today and try to buy a "top of the line" PC! Radio Shack is a rediculously Overpriced place to buy electronics today, and well I guess some things never change :) I'm not sure exactly which Tandy computer my grandparents had when I was young, but I remember thinking how "bad" it was, but of course that was back when "bad" actually meant good ;) Sorry if you're a huge Radio Shack fan and some very light humor on my part incited a "problem"

On a side note, I have always loved Sim City as well, played the S out of that game on super NES!

My dad just told me about his first computer that he got that was a "steal of a deal". 5 mb hard drive (WOW, SO MUCH ROOM!!!) 64kb of ram, and a 1.5mhz processor that, witht he flip of a "turbo" switch, would clock to a whopping 3 Mhz! 1st gen overclocking lol! All for the low, low, low price of $2000 lol.\

.... BTW, I need to go find my RCT1 disc hahaha.

Lol that 1954 pic, "how a home computer could look in 2004"

That picture has been hanging around over here at my work for as long as I can remember. Must be another one of those legendary Vault-Tec products!

This was my first comp a whole 16K of ram that i had boosted up to 48K it came with a 4track tape recorder as a storage device lol you could actually hear the bits loading when you loaded something onto it ... a bit like a cricket on red bull

Atari

And every month i went and bought a magasine called Antic there was a program in it with pages after pages of just numbers and letters that i had to enter on that flat keyboard to be able to play a silly game loll

To have an idea click HERE and at the bottom view listing 2 ( DASHDATA.LST we were glad to get a few lines in a row of only zeros :biggrin:

What, your comp doesn't look like that? Btw, the wheel is there purely for looks, and when I want to pretend I'm a pirate. Arggh!

^ OCC's newest comic release generator.

I about died when I read that.... ROFL.