Torchlight 2

Andrewr05

I'll need to check her out....that was the first class I played in beta (and beat beta with it), but to me, Embermage was the far better ranged class, at least at the time.

You doing dual-pistols, pistol+shield, shotgunne, cannon, bow, or crossbow? Dual-pistols was very lackluster in beta.

My Outlander has a bow and dual pistols. Plus a shotgun at times for crowd control. Dual pistols is rather nice, especially with some of the augmented ones I've found so far. I kind of prefer the bow though.

I've been busy with my Berserker a lot though. Was playing the Outlander with a buddy in co-op, but then I switched to my Berserker once we got closer to that one's level. I have a rather nice axe and hammer, along with dual claws. The hammer looks kind of like Mjolnir and needs ten Champion kills to upgrade.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what are the stipulations that cause the BA rank to reset/glitch?

They haven't a clue, which is exactly why I'm not going to tempt fate and just wait until the cause is discovered and/or it's patched.

They say it's rare....I'm not taking that risk....not when I have a viable alternative in TL2.

I'll need to check her out....that was the first class I played in beta (and beat beta with it), but to me, Embermage was the far better ranged class, at least at the time.

You doing dual-pistols, pistol+shield, shotgunne, cannon, bow, or crossbow? Dual-pistols was very lackluster in beta.

I pretty much use whatever is the best weapon I can find. Which is a bow atm. I was using a pistol/shield before that. From what I'm told building poison is the way to go on Outlander. I already found quite a bit of poison gear I'm maybe level 15. Stats point wise, been doing 4 Str (base damage) + 1 Focus (mana, elemental damage) then next level I do 4 Dex (critical and dodge chance) + 1 Focus. I'll see how it goes without putting any points into Vitality. May end up horribly bad at higher levels.

Right now I have:

1 pt - Shadowling Ammo (passive) = %age to spawn a bat to fight for you when you kill an enemy

1 pt - Poison Burst (passive) = Apply poison damage to weapons and a %age to explode enemy corpse into a cloud of poison

5 pt - Glaive Throw = bread and butter from what I'm told, leave it at 5 pts until you hit level 30 (eats mana if you spam it)

1-2 pts - Shadowshot = hits first target, then splits into 3 parts and acts like homing missile on surrounding enemies

3-5 pts - Blade Pact = puts a curse on the ground to slow enemies and lower their defenses

I'll probably pick up Rapid Fire (does -armor per hit) and Master of the Elements (boosts elemental damage with poison receive twice the benefit). Maybe Tangling Shot (immobilizes target) if kiting gets rough later on.

Edited by AZNguyen

I pretty much use whatever is the best weapon I can find. Which is a bow atm. I was using a pistol/shield before that. From what I'm told building poison is the way to go on Outlander. I already found quite a bit of poison gear I'm maybe level 15.

Right now I have:

1 pt - Shadowling Ammo (passive) = %age to spawn a bat to fight for you when you kill an enemy

1 pt - Poison Burst (passive) = Apply poison damage to weapons and a %age to explode enemy corpse into a cloud of poison

5 pt - Glaive Throw = bread and butter from what I'm told, leave it at 5 pts until you hit level 30 (eats mana if you spam it)

1-2 pts - Shadowshot = hits first target, then splits into 3 parts and acts like homing missile on surrounding enemies

3-5 pts - Blade Pact = puts a curse on the ground to slow enemies and lower their defenses

I'll probably pick up Rapid Fire (does -armor per hit) and Master of the Elements (boosts elemental damage with poison receive twice the benefit). Maybe Tangling Shot (immobilizes target) if kiting gets rough later on.

Glaive Throw is exactly why I didn't like Outlander in beta, since it's not affected by weapon dps. Shadow Shot is what I focused on since that makes it a truer ranged-class in my eyes, but as you said, the class seems geared toward Glaive Throw, so you're almost gimping yourself if you don't go that route :(

Glaive Throw is exactly why I didn't like Outlander in beta, since it's not affected by weapon dps. Shadow Shot is what I focused on since that makes it a truer ranged-class in my eyes, but as you said, the class seems geared toward Glaive Throw, so you're almost gimping yourself if you don't go that route :(

I use glaive throw and some scatter shot thing i forget haha.

Glaive throw does just as much actually a little more damage than my dps based scatter shot and glaive throw guarantees hits pretty much. I use it when i only have a few enimes but when i am down to one, lots or in a tight area i use my scatter shot its awesome when I get to do 6x 80dps because the boss is near a wall and the shots do dam going through then again as it bounces and come back through a second time.

I haven't gotten to play at all :( No internet access here all week until just about 12 hours ago when got a wifi to finally connect and actually work. Even though it was preloaded before I left it's been off and on downloading 1.5GB with 75MB left to go. By the time it's done i'll be leaving for the airport back to the US :pfp: