Valve's new game (July 19th)

WhenKittensATK

I hate top-down/3/4 shooters like this.

I ended up playing it all last night, I thoroughly enjoyed myself once I got used to the controls and how everything works...

The only gripe I have with the controls is the direction keys. I wish that W was "forward" instead of "up"

So like, instead of it being oriented to the map it would be oriented to the player. Like, if I pressed W I would walk forward no matter which direction my mouse was pointed. It would remove a lot of strain from my left hand.

The only gripe I have with the controls is the direction keys. I wish that W was "forward" instead of "up"

So like, instead of it being oriented to the map it would be oriented to the player. Like, if I pressed W I would walk forward no matter which direction my mouse was pointed. It would remove a lot of strain from my left hand.

I think you'd quickly find that more cumbersome, as it'd make shooting and moving simultaneously more difficult. Forward and Back don't work well with a top-down game...that would only work if this was more like an Action-RPG camera perspective or over-the-shoulder.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I've been playing it all yesterday and today and haven't had any problems aside from when I was trying out locutus' maps.

I haven't had any problems except when you would go AFK during the middle of the game. :P

I was playing all day and night yesterday, The only problems i had was a strange lag/freeze for a few seconds then id get booted to the main menu, though it didnt happen very often so :thumbsup: i Love this game, really hope it does well (in terms of popularity) Team Bravo2 FTW! lol

Now that I think about it, I did have one problem with the game, in the 3rd level I think it is, the one where you have to wait for the elevator at the end anyway, I get a frame rate drop in the same exact area each time. It drops to about 10-12 at this spot where you go up some stairs on the left and head to a long hallway with some headspiders inside a room at the end, just right around that area with the stairs though.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Edited by Deathmineral