Valve's new game (July 19th)

WhenKittensATK

Alien Swarm July 19, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtgdr8lxTCI

Alien Swarm is a game and Source SDK release from a group of talented designers at Valve who were hired from the Mod community. Available free of charge, the game thrusts players into an epic bug hunt featuring a unique blend of co-op play and squad-level tactics. With your friends, form a squad of four distinct IAF Marine classes.

Tactical, 4 player co-op action game with a top-down perspective

Complete game code and mod tools

Unlock persistent items by gaining levels

Over 40 weapons and equipment with countless loadout configurations

4 unique classes and 8 unique characters

Matchmaking, Steam Cloud, Steam Stats

64 achievements

Tile-based map generation tool

Powered by Source and Steam

• Like 1

This looks nice. And it's free too. I normally don't expect much when something is free but if VALVe made it, then it should be at least decent since they have experience with Co-op games. It kind of reminds me of a Zerg Swarm coming down on a few marines... Anyways, I'll probably try to run this on my laptop and see what happens...prolly won't run though.

Thanks for posting a thread on this Krazy, i cant wait to play this game! :woot: it reminds me of Alien Breed but with 4 player co-op :) just wish i could find more details on the different classes! :-/

just wish i could find more details on the different classes! :-/

There probably won't be any difference except for the different skins, with the only real difference being what weapon you pick up. Though it would be nice to have a little bit of variety with the characters - Cadillacs and Dinosaurs style. Not too much though... they don't wanna make it too complicated.

crappy wii game is a rather big category.

:rofl:

Expect the Internet to break on Monday when steam is flooded with people downloading this.. :erm: i can only pray that there will be a pre-load tomorrow or on Sunday

We definitely need to make an OCC squad fo sho!

Right with you man.. though i never see you on steam, where the hell are you?! :slap: lol. Hmm i wonder how many players we'll have, so far i think we have enough people interested for 2 teams of 4?

..how does Alpha, Bravo, Charlie etc team sound?