Furmark Gpu Benchmark Scores [obsolete]

Andrewr05

BTW, nice job running this Andrewr05, thanks for the fun! :cheers::thumbsup:

Oh what the heck, someone might want to check out my overclocks?

I was pretty stunned that they would clock that high!

2-MSI GTX480's

SCORE: 26831

http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/furmark_score_180.php?id=6d5de361b84b65a2ad68d44c84c316f7

thumb_4%7E2.jpg

Edited by AIinc

You have to be pointing the ac unit right at your pc. That is crazy how much youve overclocked those cards on air. Grats and a high five on the new high score. We'll have to see if I can beat you tomorrow after I sober up :)

if i could.. i know id catch n pass those 5870s... or atleast some of them hahaha

Im not sure if you'd pass me :P But I'd love some competition , have you tried unlocking voltage in Afterburner ?

I could make that a bigger margin if I tried with more overvolting but its summer by me and temps are high so I wouldn't want to risk blowing my card . When its winter next year (if this thread's still going) I bet I could do a score at 1075mhz and 1375mhz when its freezing

New drivers seem to lower my score so I would have to go to previous drivers if I wanted to get higher scores.

I still cant get 20000 like you Speedway , you must have had a pair of golden 5870's !! Have you done a score on your 5970 yet Speedway ? I only see your 5870's .

No, sorry I haven't had any time between 15hrs at school, my 20 month old, and moving I have had 0 time! Almost settled now, so I will def run a few and see what I can get it up to ;) Also have a few 460's coming that I will be benching few as well, running SLI! That was an ASUS 5870 and a VaporX 5870 running in CF Overclocked like mad, with the Sapphire card over-volted <-- not terribly easy to do if you don't want to flash the BIOS and void the warranty like me :) It was a very nice setup! I told you Nyt, the 5870 CF is more powerful than the 5970 by itself!!!! I keep telling you things, one of theses days you will trust me :cheers:

Edited by SpeedwayNative

if i could.. i know id catch n pass those 5870s... or atleast some of them hahaha

I also highly doubt anyone w/o a 980x is going to be able to touch my 5870 CF setup with a 5970 or 2 5870's :) But, please I love the comp, so bring the pain :popcorn:

Edited by SpeedwayNative

Thanks Andrewr05, & olokul :thumbsup:

I made a mistake :blush:

I had thought you (olokul), scored 27000 (but you scored 26,767), on your last run, and I just couldn't hit that, but I was trying!

& I was thinking the whole time, you scored 27000, and I needed to beat that...lol

I guess I must have read it to quick???

I found that clamping the negative LOD bias helped to! (in the NV control panel)

OC'ing the memory gave me more of a punch, than OC'ing the GPU

You have to be pointing the ac unit right at your pc. That is crazy how much youve overclocked those cards on air. Grats and a high five on the new high score. We'll have to see if I can beat you tomorrow after I sober up

No, the AC unit is on the opposite side of the room lol...But I did have it pretty cold in here (12,000 btu AC)

I'll bet you do get a higher score! Good luck!

But for cooling, I do have really good air flow in my case (CM ATCS 840)

2- (230mm) front and 1- (120mm) bottom intake fans.

2- (230mm) top, and 1- (120) rear exhaust fans.

In a couple of days I'm gonna mod the side of my case, to add a 250mm side panel intake fan.

Edited by AIinc

ive tried unlocking.. but it doesnt unlock... i dont know what i have to do to make it unlock.. ive seen these cards go higher than 920.. so i dunno.. im stuck..

any ideas?

oh n i reckon i can catch that 17k score u got ;)

i just need more voltage and more oc!!

Edited by mattyamdfanboi

I told you Nyt, the 5870 CF is more powerful than the 5970 by itself!!!! I keep telling you things, one of theses days you will trust me :cheers:

I still dont see any logic to that statement . They're exactly the same if they're both at the same clock . How could a pair of 5870's at 850mhz and 1200mhz beat a 5970 at 850mhz and 1200mhz when they're exactly the same ?!!! The only thing seperating them is the cooling and voltage . Those 5870's must have been running at 1100mhz and 1400mhz !!!

I still dont see any logic to that statement . They're exactly the same if they're both at the same clock . How could a pair of 5870's at 850mhz and 1200mhz beat a 5970 at 850mhz and 1200mhz when they're exactly the same ?!!! The only thing seperating them is the cooling and voltage . Those 5870's must have been running at 1100mhz and 1400mhz !!!

Just the way it is, the 5870's have more headroom for overclocking! But, like I said when I was deciding on that setup, everything I read, all the reviews showed the 5970 beaten by 2 5870's in CF, which is why I went that direction initially. The only reason I went to the 5970 was the temps on the 2nd card in my CF setup were a little higher than I liked, but this wasn't the main factor. I only wanted to buy 1 water block instead of 2 ;) Plus, I had thought about getting 2 5970's for quadfire!

matty - I'm not sure about the volt modding on your gigabyte cards, as I have 0 experience with gigabyte gpu's. But, I'm sure you can flash your cards BIOS with the ASUS BIOS and change your voltages! Downside is when you flash the BIOS you void the warranty

2-5870's in crossfire only have to deal with whats inside of them, meaning the PWM, mem controller, plus heat issues.

If you double up on those issues with 1-5970, then your gonna need to reduce the strain a bit for it to work well, thus the lesser mem and gpu clocks.

The best ATI setup I've seen is 2-5870's and 1-5970, using the trifire bridge, but your actually running quadfire.

This guy I know got spectacular scores in 3D benching!