Furmark Gpu Benchmark Scores [obsolete]

Andrewr05

how did u get 20022 ,?did u put the 8800gts for phyx?

I had my 8800 for physics the 1st time, when I got a 16000 something score. But my cpu and gpu clocks were higher this go around. But, because of Nyt Ryda, I did take a look at the SS on the last scores and realized I did have quite a few programs that weren't needed at the time running. So I went in and shut everything down and re-ran the benchmark, so even though my clocks were a little higher, I have to believe that the biggest difference was the extra resources not being used this time around!

Wow , a HD5870 single with an I7 at 4.5 lost to my 470 with a quad at 3.2 by 2 points .

Yea, tell me about it. Although this is a synthetic benchmark and not real world results in a game or anything, this is still slightly annoying to me. Furmark isn't a biased test or anything, lol ;)

hopefully someone will post a 5970 score so we can see the difference !! ....this is a cool thread...thanx andrew...

hopefully someone will post a 5970 score so we can see the difference !! ....this is a cool thread...thanx andrew...

When I was deciding between 2x 5870 or a 5970, everything I read showed that the 5870 CF setup would outperform the 5970. With the 5970 they downclock both 5870 gpu's, which is why I went the other direction and got 2 x 5870. Although the 5970 can be overclocked, it will never reach the 5870 overclock ability! But, I would also love to see someone with a 5970 on here to really see the difference!

@Speedway : A HD5970 can be overclocked over 900mhz so it is basically the same as two 5870's , I did what you did speedway, thats how I beat Nvidia Freak , I also changed something that upped it alot , but im not saying .

Why hasnt anyone ever opened a game benchmark thread like Dirt 2 or Crysis yet ?

Why hasnt anyone ever opened a game benchmark thread like Dirt 2 or Crysis yet ?
These benchmarking programs are all free so more people can use them, those in-game benchmarks are harder to get a good score base because you have to own the game... (I think)

These benchmarking programs are all free so more people can use them, those in-game benchmarks are harder to get a good score base because you have to own the game... (I think)

No I don't think you have to own the game

When I was deciding between 2x 5870 or a 5970, everything I read showed that the 5870 CF setup would outperform the 5970. With the 5970 they downclock both 5870 gpu's, which is why I went the other direction and got 2 x 5870. Although the 5970 can be overclocked, it will never reach the 5870 overclock ability! But, I would also love to see someone with a 5970 on here to really see the difference!

/sigh... Okay I'll break out my 5970 thats still in its box... I love my GTX's though, I got it up to 17300ish this morning before work when I did what you suggested, but thats probably their max unless I volt mod them... of course if I do volt mod them I'll blow you out of the water :D Til then I'll try and see what my 5970 can do :D