Picked up a i7-930 yesterday

I was at microcenter yesterday so I picked up a 930 for a cruncher, had to throw it on the cascade for a few quick test to see what it would do. The 22 multi with turbo on was useless at anything above about 3.8ghz it would not even boot with it, changed it to 21 and off she went...

wprime32-5194.jpgwprime1024-163305.jpgspi-8502.jpgpifast-1768.jpg2010-04-04_231429.jpg

Edited by road-runner

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those clocks are wicked!

That puts my suicide run at 4.2 to shame! The temps shut mine down quick!

I need to get off my backside and get a motherboard and memory.

I was at microcenter yesterday so I picked up a 930 for a cruncher, had to throw it on the cascade for a few quick test to see what it would do. The 22 multi with turbo on was useless at anything above about 3.8ghz it would not even boot with it, changed it to 21 and off she went...

Can I ask what you used for Coolng the CPU?

Can I ask what you used for Coolng the CPU?

there's your answer

I had no idea what a cascade is. Its not portable is it - lol

no not so much...but the roadrunner is the one to get the answers from....it's all just wishful thinking for me...