My new T.E.C. cooling Block .

trickson

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@sdy284

The same can be said for my ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT vs your Noctua NH-D14. For $30 less, I'm able to keep the similar/slightly better temp reading with a $30 cheaper heatsink (though my rig's VCore is at 1.28V rather than your 1.36V). My fans are definitely not as better or quieter as your Noctua's, but they're not that loud (I have it in Silent Mode). Could also be a thermal paste difference? I'm using AS5, but will have to apply ASMX-2 soon, as the last application of AS5 was 10 months ago.

the difference in voltage is the key there (as you said), I'd love to be able to run my i7 @ those volts... but alas it's a C0 :( Take a look @ R1P5AW's results with the D14 handling an i7 @ lower volts (when he was @ 4Ghz)

And I bought the Noctua because i wanted the best air cooler, bar none. I did a lot of research into the subject & read a lot of reviews, and i saw that the noctua won 95% of the reviews i read. So in my mind, the better temps and quieter operation was worth the $30 to me and it will handle whatever upgrades in CPU i throw at it & if it comes down to it, i can add a 3rd fan ;)

@Trickson

Nice temp readings. Everyone wants cooler temps, sdy284's just jealous. :P

I'm not jealous at all. I simply pointed out a 10

My Q9550 @ 4.0 GHz will run those temps under prime at 1.29V... does that mean I get a cookie?

If so, I'll share it with ya trickson. :thumbs-up:

Edited by Bizzlenitch

idle temps don't mean anything ;)

thats like bragging how fuel efficient your car is when it's idling. it's pointless

Brilliant Comparison. :) (Golf clap)

Another one

more?

So that makes 4 forums so far and in at least half you have implied that you know more than people who factually have more experience then you do using TECs.

No big deal, just don't complain when your TEC dies and your CPU melts... :lol:

fixed for accuracy

what he did was pretty cool i guess, but you know, I'd be happy for him if he wasn't such an butthole and attention whore

we get it, you have done something mildly unique, stop looking for attention on the internet

what he did was pretty cool i guess, but you know, I'd be happy for him if he wasn't such an butthole and attention whore

we get it, you have done something mildly unique, stop looking for attention on the internet

WTF?!?!?! no1 h@$ qu0t3d m3 y3t?

^

sarcasm