My new T.E.C. cooling Block .

trickson

idle temps don't mean anything ;)

thats like bragging how fuel efficient your car is when it's idling. it's pointless

Dang now I can't brag about that :(

OT: This thread made me laugh :lol:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plain old water cooling i7-920 100% load 24/7/365 for comparison. Peltiers are ok for a few degrees but not worth the money in my opinion, if I am going to spend that amount for cooling I will just apply it to cost of a single stage or cascade which I did after wasting my money on a peltier first...

2010-03-31_091721.jpg

Plain old water cooling i7-920 100% load 24/7/365 for comparison. Peltiers are ok for a few degrees but not worth the money in my opinion, if I am going to spend that amount for cooling I will just apply it to cost of a single stage or cascade which I did after wasting my money on a peltier first...

[im g]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q121/road-runnerOCC/2010-03-31_091721.jpg[/img]

thats a lot of volts for a D0 @ 4.0 :blink:

Great temps tho, whats your block/pump/rad/res setup?

thats a lot of volts for a D0 @ 4.0 :blink:

Great temps tho, whats your block/pump/rad/res setup?

Oh I had it at 4200mhz the other day it locked up on me so when rebooting I reduced the clock an didnt mess with vcore, forgot all about it. Its the heatkiller block, DDC pump with petras top and a clogged up 320 radiator by swiftech....

Edited by road-runner

I don't think anyone is Bashing your setup or anything It's definitely a cool feat.

The reason people bash the Pelt cooling is just due to the Cooling vs. Cost Ratio.

You know if you have or want to spend the money to run the setup, then by all means please do and show it off.

This is the internet too you will get people who say well.. for (x) amount less I am only running (x) degree hotter then you are. Its the internet people are here to "flame" its what we do with our spare time.

But anyways, Kudos to you. I used to be very intrigued with the T.E.C Technology.

@sdy284

The same can be said for my ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT vs your Noctua NH-D14. For $30 less, I'm able to keep the similar/slightly better temp reading with a $30 cheaper heatsink (though my rig's VCore is at 1.28V rather than your 1.36V). My fans are definitely not as better or quieter as your Noctua's, but they're not that loud (I have it in Silent Mode). Could also be a thermal paste difference? I'm using AS5, but will have to apply ASMX-2 soon, as the last application of AS5 was 10 months ago.

@Trickson

Nice temp readings. Everyone wants cooler temps, sdy284's just jealous. :P

For the cost of a water cooling set-up, I could buy another graphics card for an SLI set-up. No need to get defensive, people just have different opinions. Thanks for sharing though, anyone that wants to go water cooling now has more data with your post.

What an angry little man.

ok be nice to the new guy you all...let him have his fun, ...experience is the very best teacher...

So far since I installed this I have been able to take the CPU off 1.40 Volts in the bios set it to auto for 1.34vcore and also have been able to raise the RAM to 1066MHz , Before this I had to run it at 891MHz . Now all I need to see is if I can also take the NB voltage down to auto as I need 1.40 volts for stability . All in all this is a great cooler I am loving it .

You can bash it all you want but till you have ONE on your computer and until you experience it you will never really know or understand .

Prime95 for one hour and I can not even get the cores 2-4 to come up at all ! I got a whopping 40c reading off of core one after one hour !

The temp censor's are stuck at 37 and 38 c nothing I do will fix it . But I can say this is really cool !

Edited by trickson