IW Studio Heads fired by Activision.

WhenKittensATK

When I play Engineer I repair tanks when they are within my range, sometimes the boneheads get blown up too quick though. Last night was the first night a guy used the tank from a range, so even though I ate a lot of deaths fixing his tank I did it because he was being smart.

I don't think BC2 tracks streaks but even though last night was only my second time playing the game I got probably 6 kill streak or more.

And honestly, I get blown up FAR more in BC2. Wow, do those people love RPGs and Rocket Launchers (watch Krazy's videos ...he's uses them all the time too) ...people will just sit up on a hill somewhere sniping with launchers and then refilling their ammo. Add in the tanks and the morters and the UAVs and the Apaches and I'd have to say that at least half the time I'm taken out its from something that went boom.

Take last night for example, besides the guys camping with rocket launchers and the guys in the tanks/morters I cannot think of too many instances where I lost by gunfire. There were a couple times I ran into a pack of the enemy. One guy caught me as I was trying to flank. Other than that I'd have to say the remainder of the gunfire came from Snipers ...oh and 1 guy (x2) with a M16 with a 4x scope perched on a hill till we purged him and his friend a couple times. But it was pretty much anything that can go boom, went boom.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may actually need to read up on this game. I don't get the whole Pin/Achievement thing. For example on 1 game I got 3 Avenger Pins (looks like a scorpion) ...why would you get duplicates of the same pin in one match?

Because it resets your pins every time you die, it's exactly the same as modern warfare except you are rewarded with points instead of massive bombs. As for constant explosions, maybe it's different now than it was when I was playing the demo, when I playing it was mostly full of people trying to be an awesome sniper by camping on top of mountains and buildings, I honestly don't see how someone can do well by camping with a RPG, the travel time isn't very easy to judge with that sort of thing, also, are you talking about your experience as an engineer? or are you including the other classes you play as? Because as an engineer, you kind of have to expect to get blown up more than anything since people are going to be shooting at the tanks with everything but bullets. Only time I remember anyone using an RPG from a long distance was when someone was arming the bomb, and it worked pretty well in keeping them from arming it.

When the mass majority play the game. Just because others don't like it. Doesn't meant it wasn't successful for it's targeted audience.

I don't play MW2, but I know they hit the mark with its targeted audience. I am one of the two gamers in my area who don't play MW2. That means other people like it. Just because it isn't your type of game doesn't mean the game is a failure.

I'm sorry man but does anyone else recall how many and how quickly used copies of MW2 flooded forums and eBay? I've never seen a game be resold so fast in my life in such large quantities, well maybe outside of a certain game that starts with a "D", has a female for the main caracter and more bugs than an insect museum. Course I was too ashamed to admit I bought that game when it came out and just gave it to Mr. Dumpster.

Anyways, MW2 was and is and will always be a bad game in my eyes and I'm glad the peoples responsible for ruining the CoD franchise for me have been eliminated. Hopefully the CoD franchise will regain it's throne one day but for now I'm stuck with CoD4 :(

I'm sorry man but does anyone else recall how many and how quickly used copies of MW2 flooded forums and eBay? I've never seen a game be resold so fast in my life in such large quantities, well maybe outside of a certain game that starts with a "D", has a female for the main caracter and more bugs than an insect museum. Course I was too ashamed to admit I bought that game when it came out and just gave it to Mr. Dumpster.

Anyways, MW2 was and is and will always be a bad game in my eyes and I'm glad the peoples responsible for ruining the CoD franchise for me have been eliminated. Hopefully the CoD franchise will regain it's throne one day but for now I'm stuck with CoD4 :(

Quite a few might have sold their copies, but there are still a large amount of people playing. MW2 is still in Xfire's Top 5. There is probably an even bigger player base on the consoles. As much as I don't like the MW series for its gameplay style, I'm not gonna say it failed to gain new and old members with MW2 because it did. People are still playing it and its the 2nd most played game even on OCC's Steam Group.

The people who made MW series aren't out of business. They just made a new company. So they are on a fresh slate, but don't expect them to stay still for long. I bet they already have some concepts running through their heads for a new IP. As for them regaining their throne. They never lost it, CoD 4 MW is still one of the most played games.

Too many people buying MW2 Map Pack killed Xbox Live! :P

Edited by Krazyxazn

The people who made MW series aren't out of business. They just made a new company. So they are on a fresh slate, but don't expect them to stay still for long. I bet they already have some concepts running through their heads for a new IP. As for them regaining their throne. They never lost it, CoD 4 MW is still one of the most played games.

QFT, whether or not you like their games, it is undeniable that they have talent, and that they know what they are doing.

I read today that there is an expected 11-13 people whom have left Infinity Ward since Vince and Jason left. Infinity Ward is actually a pretty small studio, only employing 60-70 people. When you take into account all of the support staff, secretaries, IT, CMs, etc... Those 11-13 people turn into a big chunk of Infinity Ward's talent. I would guess that only about 30-40 of them are actually developers.

Infinity Ward made THE best Call of Duty games. Modern Warfare included. While Modern Warfare was definetly the weakest out of all of the COD games IW made, it was still a good game. I think thats what a lot of people don't realize that these games are good even when they are bad. When I picked up the Original Call of Duty I was in awe. It was literally one of the best games I ever played. Call of Duty 2, just as epic. COD4 was one of my favorite FPS's of all time. When they made Modern Warfare 2, they made one huge mistake, and that was to make it a direct sequel of COD4, something they have never done. I think they didn't even want to make this game, but pressure from Activision forced them to do it, and I think thats why the game's quality lacked compared to the games they previously did. It wasn't something they were really really excited for. This is the company remember that didn't want them to make a game set in the modern world.

There is one possible outcome from all the legal battles and exodus from the company. That is Infinity Ward will likely still exist. Will it be the same company? No, Activision will hire people to replace those whom left, and people will eventually realize that the games aren't the same quality. Activsion is committing corporate suicide with there current business model.

Setting my gamer part to the side for a moment, I would like to step into an Investors point of view. Personally I think capitalizing on a few IPs is bad for the company. If EA's history taught us anything it is that you have to have a diverse portfolio, but not to big that you flood the market with mediocre games. Personally I think Bobby Kotick is a complete dumb butt who dosn't know the first thing about the industry he is in. If I was a board member, I would request him to step down from his position. I would put someone more qualified in his place, someone who has the business aspects, as well as someone who has a passion for this industry.

I don't want to see Activision fail like this, they are the very first third-part video game developers. They are a part of video game history. But I see Kotick as an anchor pulling this company down to the deep end, and I don't think they will recover if they don't do something soon..

Infinity Ward made THE best Call of Duty games. Modern Warfare included. While Modern Warfare was definetly the weakest out of all of the COD games IW made, it was still a good game. I think thats what a lot of people don't realize that these games are good even when they are bad. When I picked up the Original Call of Duty I was in awe. It was literally one of the best games I ever played. Call of Duty 2, just as epic. COD4 was one of my favorite FPS's of all time. When they made Modern Warfare 2, they made one huge mistake, and that was to make it a direct sequel of COD4, something they have never done. I think they didn't even want to make this game, but pressure from Activision forced them to do it, and I think thats why the game's quality lacked compared to the games they previously did. It wasn't something they were really really excited for. This is the company remember that didn't want them to make a game set in the modern world.

I don't think making a direct sequel to cod4 was a mistake at all, the overall idea was great, you know, playing as someone under soap, meeting captain price later in the game, and introducing a whole new foreign team. The reason the idea was a big failure was detail, the characters had no personality, the actual story was about some crappy vendetta between a high up army guy and some distant relation of the old terrorist, it was all way too personal, like you were being forced into a scene that really didn't make any sense. I honestly think they just focused on the wrong part of the game, they worked on the multiplayer, which really didn't turn out all that great still, and sloppily threw together a campaign, and I know some people don't care about the story but I think anyone that played through the single player of cod4 would agree with me that it was actually pretty awesome, had a good story, felt like you were in it, and I think some of the most memorable parts of the game weren't even action packed parts, to me so of the most memorable things were things like when you are first going over to the training area and meet captain price and they all start making fun of you or the part where you are with mcgilligan(not sure if I spelled that right) and he tells you stay back and gets that guys attention and just bashes his head in, things like that, things that portray how these characters are, show their personality, that's why I loved call of duty 4 so much, for me it was one of the best stories that I had ever seen in a game. Maybe I'm wrong though, maybe I was the only person that really liked the story in call of duty games.

Lets all go blame it on Activision <_<

Seriously stop blaming Activision for everything, who made the game in the end? IW. Who decided no dedicated servers? IW. But of course everything is Activisions fault. :rolleyes:

Who cares about modern warfare anymore? You can google prestige hack and are guaranteed the first link will work <_<. CoD 7 is what I want to see now, since they will have dedicated servers again.

MW2 campaign failed because of the endings, you walk to a helicopter, oh screen goes black and you have no idea where you are going. Great way to end a mission :rolleyes:

Who said I was blaming anything on Activision? I am blaming it all on their incompetent leader. Kotick needs to go, he and his click are destroying this company. Activision itself isn't bad as I stated, its their current business practices. Who sets those practices? No other then Bobby no dick Kotick. He is making dumb business decisions, such as "Lets fire the guys who just made us $1billion." or "Lets make a call of duty game every year so we can kill the franchise." or "We are going to release another guitar hero game, after we already killed the franchise and nobody cares about it anymore" or "Lets make a skateboard game with a crappy peripheral, that nobody is going to buy."

There is a lot of great talent within Activision Blizzard, You got Blizzard, Raven, members of Infinity Ward, etc... The problem is that this talent rarely gets to pursue the things they have a passion for. With the exception of Blizzard of course.

I think this comment pretty much sums it up. http://kotaku.com/5518466/ea-call-of-dutys...ts-race-horses-

I'll blame Activision. They ruined IW and Respawn will bring back the old/awesome creativity that IW used to be. Activision became too involved and put LOTS of pressure on IW. There's no other explanation for MW2. IW puts out PC friendly CoD, CoD2, and CoD4:MW, and suddenly puts out the out-of-place MW2? Popularity is the result of marketing in this case, not a quality product. Kind of like Apple; their products are hit and miss but they have a huge fan-base because their marketing is absolutely top-notch.

Personally, I'm looking forward to hearing about Respawn in a couple years when they put out their first game. With EA publishing for them I'm confident quality will win over quantity/deadlines.

For now, you can bet I won't be touching anything with "Activision" on the cover. They don't deserve my money, IMO. I swore them off the second I read about the lack of dedicated servers. I would bet that decision was forced by Activision.