IW Studio Heads fired by Activision.

WhenKittensATK

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting tidbit found in the comments here by user beasch:

"A bit of OT, but on the topic of the Infinity Ward split:

The whole situation is actually quite ironic. There once used to be this game called Medal of Honor and the third installement was created by a company called 2015 Inc. who took over from DreamWorks Interactive. After that game was out and released the publisher of the game, EA and 2015 Inc had a major disagreement, This led to quite a lot of people leaving 2015 and forming a new company working for a competitor to create a new world-war themed FPS. They decided to call their company Infinity Ward and the game Call of Duty. And that is the reason why the whole CoD franchise came to be. So it's quite funny to see now the same thing happening again but only in the other direction. Especially since people like Jason West and Vince Zampella were already part of the original 2015 Inc and the team working on Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.

I don't know why but so far on all stories (and the comments of these stories) I have never seen mention of this. In my opinion at least, it puts the whole split in a bit of a different light, than most what people make of it, along the lines of "Activision is the evil overlord" (Not to say Activision is a particularly great company).

Btw if this was already explained and talked through in depth, I must have completly overlooked that story or thread then. In that case please just ignore my whole comment. "

We already knew this, or at least I did.

Members left 2015 to create IW. Members were fired from IW. There is a difference. Knowing their past history doesn't really change or explain what happened to them recently.

Is it a surprised that all created a new company again? Not really, a lot of developers do that already and have been for a long time.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I didn't know. Though I don't care about Medal of Honor or CoD. I like MW2 but its the first CoD I ever played. So that's probably why I didn't hear about it.

Assuming IW's claims are true... this is why you don't mess with people's money. And if it is true, Activision will have a lot to atone for.

I didn't know. Though I don't care about Medal of Honor or CoD. I like MW2 but its the first CoD I ever played. So that's probably why I didn't hear about it.

Assuming IW's claims are true... this is why you don't mess with people's money. And if it is true, Activision will have a lot to atone for.

uhhh... I think I missed something, what exactly are IW's claims? This is the first I've heard of that.

Dedicated servers and its in the "in-between" years.(After WW2 and before MW). I personally love when Treyarch makes a "history game" as they are always good with those. Also the violence and gore was way better in WaW than in MW2. WaW I took legs and heads and everything off, while in MW2 you can't shoot off any limbs <_<.

So I haven't seen any chatter about the new Call of Duty Black Ops, any thoughts about that?

I love how everyone who was supporting the anti-Activision movement and the anti-flood of COD games have quickly jumped on board with a teaser trailer that really doesn't show you much.

I doubt that I will buy it, if I do I will buy it used at Gamestop just to make sure Activision doesn't see a dime from my purchase.

I love how everyone who was supporting the anti-Activision movement and the anti-flood of COD games have quickly jumped on board with a teaser trailer that really doesn't show you much.

I doubt that I will buy it, if I do I will buy it used at Gamestop just to make sure Activision doesn't see a dime from my purchase.

Actually I don't plan on getting it, definitely hasn't changed my opinion, if anything it's $60 price tag makes me dislike all of this even more, I'm just curious what people think about it. I want to know how the hardcore IW fans feel about the the dreaded treyarch(which I used to like until now) becoming the main developer of the call fo duty series, I'm also curious about how people feel about it's lack of detail, most of what I've read about it sounds like it doesn't really take place anywhere in the world.

What? What?!?!? Now your ****ing . me off. I am the only one who posted so you def. meant me. I never said I support "anti-Activision". I never said I didn't like CoD. I actually mentioned Treyarch and CoD7 earlier in this thread. You cannot mean anyone else since, once again, no one but me posted about this. It pisses me off when people accuse me of jumping on a bandwagon <_<