IW Studio Heads fired by Activision.

WhenKittensATK

I still think they need to toss the nuke though, the concept of some random dude on the field having that kind of power bothers me. Not saying the game has to be completely realistic, but I think the nuke is overkill.

I partially agree with you here; I think the nuke is overkill, but not because of the nuke, but because of the other killstreaks. Let me explain.

If you only had stuff like attack helicopter and stealth bomber, THEN the nuke would be okay. However, I get a nuke in 1/5 matches, only because I use the harrier / chopper gunner / nuke setup. The harrier and CG are simply way too overpowered. If they only had balanced killstreaks, then the nuke would be a nice touch.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you are wrong.....game developers don't give a crap if everyone in the world likes the game or if a small percentage of people deem it a failure. They make money by people buying the game....thats how you gauge success in a consumer driven market. This isn't theoretical physics.....you can deem it a success because it puts up massive numbers for both sales and fan base.

I don't like the game either....nor do I like WoW, or any number of games that are wildly successful......doesn't mean they are epic failures in any way shape or form.

That's fine if it's successful in a marketing aspect. I was talking about how it is as a game, something you play, as a game it is unbalanced and not very well developed. I don't care if a kajillion people out there like it, that simply means they enjoy playing games that are overpriced, unbalanced, and poorly developed.

That's fine if it's successful in a marketing aspect. I was talking about how it is as a game, something you play, as a game it is unbalanced and not very well developed. I don't care if a kajillion people out there like it, that simply means they enjoy playing games that are overpriced, unbalanced, and poorly developed.

Well on that point I completely agree! Your a gentleman and a scholar sir! :)

all this mentioning of unballanced makes me think of all those "its not balanced for that" memes generated from that interview a while back

Whats unbalanced? I don't get it. If you want to see an unbalanced game go play Company of Heroes. Now that is unbalanced. As for MW2, I don't see anything overpowered. Oohh chopper gunner, don't let the guy camp, or shoot it down. You first need to go 11-0 to get the chopper, why is it unbalanced? I think its fine to be rewarded for getting that.

Whats unbalanced? I don't get it. If you want to see an unbalanced game go play Company of Heroes. Now that is unbalanced. As for MW2, I don't see anything overpowered. Oohh chopper gunner, don't let the guy camp, or shoot it down. You first need to go 11-0 to get the chopper, why is it unbalanced? I think its fine to be rewarded for getting that.

Shoot it down with what? A stinger that takes too long to lock on? Or perhaps you could just shoot it down with your gun because you aren't a high enough level to get an RPG. That is how it's unbalanced, the chopper can take a person down in an instant, the person cannot accomplish that no matter what. I really don't see why people need to be rewarded for camping or sniping, that's how most people get their killstreaks. That's the biggest problem with killstreaks, it encourages camping, and to me that is simply ridiculous. I think it would be more fair to each player if things like the ac130 were toned down a bit, either putting a pause on all of it's weapons or cutting down the time a person is allowed to use it, I just think things like that need to be toned down so people aren't forced into buildings where they have to camp until the coast is clear.

I should probably say this now before this goes any further, I'm not a TDM person, that is probably my most hated game mode, but I know a lot of people prefer it over anything else and that is probably why our opinions are completely different on matters such as killstreaks or perks.

Edited by Deathmineral

Shoot it down with the Stinger. If you are too far, usually only on the Wasteland stage it may launch flares. Use the Cold Blooded perk to avoid Air-to-Ground fire. It takes away your heat signature so the Harrier, Chopper Gunner and AC-130 can't see you. I think you get at level 25. There's a default spec that may have it - probably the sniper class if so.

And honestly, camping is not the best way to get killstreaks in MW2. People will hunt you down if you stay in 1 spot too long. Not to mention you risk the enemy spawning around you. Or someone noob tubing the hell out of you. People have also gotten good at throwing grenades from a long way into typical camping spots. About the only thing that works and sometimes it does work really well is patrolling an area. That is where you go to one choke point and defend it, then move to the one behind when you think the enemy will and try and flank you, etc.

But by far the most effective way to get killstreaks in MW2 is to play it like a chess game and predict enemy movement based on what your team is doing and what you are doing to annoy the enemy team ...and constantly keep moving because they'll almost always go back to where they last saw you. Also predict their movement as they run back to that spot. Unless your team is covering all the checkpoints. But keeping this mind really helps when you go charging into the enemy base because they will spawn somewhere around you. I honestly don't have the fastest reactions compared to many so I rely on knowing the maps, predicting enemy movement and surprising them.

Also knowing how you play and setting up your Custom Classes to work for your playstyle - once I figured that out the game got so much easier.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Nearly 40 Infinity Ward Employees are filing a lawsuit for nearly a half billion dollars against Activision!!!!

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/704273/I...ld-Hostage.html

This is about half of the employees employed at Infinity Ward....

Excellent! They will surely win, and with that money create a proper modern warfare, a REAL sequel to cod4 :)

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/18639/1/

My favorite part:

"Activision will try to generate some positive news in the headlines this Friday with a sneak peek at the upcoming Call of Duty title that has been in development by Treyarch that will ship this holiday season."

I forgot all about Treyarch. I know they've been swapping back and forth, but if Treyarch is their only MW development studio after the IW fiasco is over... well, I don't have much hope for the future of MW.