In the market for a new car

Nodgiles

Look at my sig. MKII Focus. I'm 6' 1" more or less, 200lbs and I have loads of room. Fairly long legs too. Jammin is 6' 3" and has never had a leg/head room issue in my Focus. In a 53 litre tank, I get over 600 miles easily - often 700 miles.

The new Fiesta is equally as roomy in the front - just lacking in the rear a touch.

I believe the next Focus is the same across the world, so be prepared for a shock on exceptional build quality.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im actually looking for either (A) a hybrid or (B) something sportier with at least 20mpg.

Seems a little inconsistent.

Hybrid with decent mpg, or something sporty that returns acceptable mpg? :blink: I don't see how one is offset by the other in terms of a compromise.

o.O the Audia A3 looks nice. Anyone have any experience with this car?

Yes. Underneath, it's a Volkswagen Golf/Rabbit. Uses the same parts throughout. If you like the A3, get the Rabbit instead - a lot cheaper. Though not sure if it has the 2.0 TDI common rail engine yet.

why hasn't the new prius been mentioned?? The new one gets even better mileage while being more gutsy.

20mpg average isn't "good" mileage imho. I think the best relatively inexpensive car that still has great mileage...the cobalt SS. The focus's are nice too, mazda 3, miata?? 2001-2002 Saturn SC2 :P 5spd (I love mine)

unless you get the prius I wouldn't buy new unless burning money is a valued pastime of yours

which stealerships do you live near?? I could scope some inventories

20mpg is garbage IMO, my 98' blazer would sit around that on the highway (18ish)

the corolla i drive (sigh) gets around 36-38 and its not a hybrid.

save the "smugness" and $10k and just get a used car with a small 1.8L v4

(it was hilarious trying to see my father get in my corolla, he could barely sit in it facing forward :lol: and thats a 4-door)

Edited by cirro

20mpg is garbage IMO, my 98' blazer would sit around that on the highway (18ish)

the corolla i drive (sigh) gets around 36-38 and its not a hybrid.

save the "smugness" and $10k and just get a used car with a small 1.8L v4

(it was hilarious trying to see my father get in my corolla, he could barely sit in it facing forward :lol: and thats a 4-door)

what year corolla?? auto or manual?? Is your speedometer accurate?? Are you tire sizes factory diameter?? Do you inflate your tires to the highest they can go??

Another plus for the new Ford Fusion - drove my buddies awhile ago and was completely shocked at how nice a drive it was! That thing has some guts for a car that size (it was the V6) and I dunno if it's only on the fusion but the dash/instrument panel is pretty darn cool... it's built pretty dang solid too... You know, that feeling you get when you sit in the car and start pulling/opening things and it actually feels substantial. He's a pretty big guy and he hasn't complained... I believe they make a hybrid version of it too...

But I'm somewhat confused here as well - when you say sport do you mean compact? And the majority of even full size cars get at least 20 mpgs nowadays...

Course, new cars like that aren't my thing... I can never imagine myself buying a car brand new or even a few years old like that. I can pick up a great used car for 5 grand.

Edited by Sagittaria

Wow, your all missing the point entirely... Ill try one last time to end this confusion....

I want EITHER

an economical vehicle with great gas mileage

OR

a sporty car that gets at least 20mpg (city)

I am not looking for a sporty car with 40mpg and I am in no way saying that an economical car is anything that gets over 20mpg.