Tax Refund.

greengiant912

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is going towards my IRA, Savings, and to finance my DC-Gettysburg trip in May.

Ever done this trip before?

Gettysburg is a very awe inspiring place. I've only been there once, but I really, really enjoyed it. I'm not a 'history buff' or a civil war guy or any thing like that, but I'd like to think I know a decent amount about it compared to the rest of the American population. It's something everyone should do once, makes you put everything in perspective.

Edited by DevilMB3017

Haha just filled mine, getting over 9300 this year woot woot! Ask how? First time home owners credit of 8000 bucks. Gonna be a sweet day when that check comes in.

What am I gonna buy? Ehh donno prob put it toward my house.

Taxes on cigarettes are so high because they want people to quit.
that's kinda sorta right...the government does want americans to quit smoking buut....

i must be having a brain fade cuz all this time i thot the taxes on smokes were to offset the astronomical medical expenses associated with long term smoking and to deter younger smokers from ever starting. as i recall the government wanted tobacco conglomerates to bear their fair share of the burden (and profits) for the damage they do to americans thru smoking...oh and call me crazy but the advertizing campaigns aimed at "educating the public" on the harmful effects of smoking cost alot of money too...

i know i'm old but don't think i'm senile yet, (as far as i can tell) but if memory serves the original intent of the more recent round of tobacco taxes was to help americans overcome the dangers of smoking and counter big tobacco lobbies in washington....

Gettysburg is a very awe inspiring place. I've only been there once, but I really, really enjoyed it. I'm not a 'history buff' or a civil war guy or any thing like that, but I'd like to think I know a decent amount about it compared to the rest of the American population. It's something everyone should do once, makes you put everything in perspective.

I have many times and yes it is awe inspiring. I participated in the 135th reenactment and that was truly amazing.

A real honeymoon for my wife & my new OC'ing rig for me.

( i had to decide on both, i have been waitin' for this computer ever since i7 came out)

Waiting for this check is like being a kid and waiting to goto disneyland

So now i need to pick a hotel in Oahu. Can't remember what hotel i was at last time. been too long.

anyone have any personal recomendations? im only going to oahu this time (around the waikiki area)

Edited by cirro