The History of Valve

Andrewr05

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree people only bought Modern Warfare 2 because it was a Call of Duty game. And not to get off topic but, why is it that Modern Warfare 2 is still $60?

For the blockheads who haven't beaten the first one and once finished would gladly throw $60 for the next one! :lol:

I agree people only bought Modern Warfare 2 because it was a Call of Duty game. And not to get off topic but, why is it that Modern Warfare 2 is still $60?

Probably because it's a game that is sold through peer pressure. As long as a bunch of people still play a particular call of duty, there isn't any reason to lower the price.

l will watch it!!! Thanks!

for me Quake Arena and Half Life are one of the best games ever made in history!

HL is simply FUN. HL2 Intruduced awesome graphics and really good performance. You dont need a big machine to run that game and it just look perfect. HL2 is also really entertaining.

Quake. All Quake series are extremely fun and entertaining. And for me Quake 3 is the star. You can even run on a mobile phone. What else can I say? Perfect engine.

What kind of reply is that? It's not like I was saying valve is going to turn evil later this year. :lol:

I was just saying you don't have to care about the community, and it's true. Look at how successful black ops is, you put the name "call of duty" on gum and it will fly off the shelves. All they need is the name, they don't need the community.

Valve on the other hand, well I don't know if they need to community or not but I think they're much more successful for being attentive to their gamers than if they weren't.

I meant that Infinity Ward is down the shitter and the lead developers are being sued by Activision, so even though they broke records, look where Infinity Ward is a year from the release of Modern Warfare 2.

Yeah the stupid people. I bought it because I liked how it looked. It turned out to be awesome for me. Only time I got pissed was with extremely crappy hosts(rare for me) or hackers(again only occurred occasionally).

• 4 months later...

:lol:

Valve has a dedicated fan right here! ^^^

or someone trying to get on their payroll :teehee:

i'll get to watching them the next time andrew bumps this in acouple of months time :lol: