What will you be doing for New Years?

NikolaT

... as in, where will you be? I'm going to be at home with family - nothing grand though. I've always been trying to blow New Years out of proportion, but not this time :P

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... as in, where will you be? I'm going to be at home with family - nothing grand though. I've always been trying to blow New Years out of proportion, but not this time :P

working/staying out of harms way

My friends wanted me to go to Baltimore for New Year's (and spend the whole wkd), but with CES just a few days later, I declined. I'll probably just relax at home.

I never really understood the big deal about New Year's. I'd play along, but never really liked spending more money for dinner just because it was New Year's, and possibly doing other things, like a comedy club, or going to Times Square, etc. What's the point?

My sister wants to go to NYC but I've done that before and it's so crazy that it's just not worth it, so we're definitely not doing that. The more important factor, however, is that we have a flight to catch at 6AM. Doing New Year's in Manhattan with a flight to catch a few hours later is sheer madness. Girls can be so shortsighted :P

I'm pretty sure we'll all end up doing something low key while staying local. I personally don't see the allure of New Year's and would just like to stay in and spend some quality time with my family and girlfriend.

I've most of my PC coming in either Thursday or Friday, so you figure it out! ;) Otherwise nothing spectacular, the big meetup was really last weekend, which makes more sense when you think about it - go all out for Christmas then relax and enjoy the rest of the holidays....