Torchlight

Andrewr05

Rifle Distance vs. Pistol Distance:

e803cc153679027ca58c19075b0846a79a26cfdd.jpg vs. 64cb60c8eb7c79a141bb3d760565401662628e68.jpg

Sorry the pics aren't great, but it seems rifles have 25-33% greater range.

PS. Thanks to this badass unique sword I just got, I guess I know what my next class will be:

06f0ebebe8cd1ff782d34c06d2c076641938c055.png

Most likely that'll be the heirloom I pass down. Only thing missing is life leech.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good point. I have an item that actually adds to missile range, so that's definitely a "hidden" stat. I'll see if I can test out that theory by watching the animation.

BTW, here's a list of "recommended" mods (not by me), for whoever's interested: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...d.php?t=1095390

As I mentioned, I usually don't like installing mods on my first playthrough, however since the first mod is an official one by Runic Games, I'll probably install that. I'm also debating installing the "SkillsLeech" mod, since it's annoying that my leeching stats don't affect my skills. "Enchant Never Wipe" is also intriguing since I got a disenchantment the other day that pissed me off, but that mod just seems like cheating. lol

that seems like a great list i'll definitely be using a few of those :)

Here are the ones I installed via TorchLeech:

torchmods.jpg

I decided to say 'eff it' and get the enchant never wipe mod. lol.

BTW, I saw the Bee Swarm spell at the vendor...costs 12840 gold! eek! Although I had enough when I found it, I didn't want to throw all my gold on it, so maybe another time.

i was going to get skillsleech, but I use alchemist and it didn't seem to apply to them :blink:
I could be wrong, but I don't believe there are any alchemist skills that utilize your weapon. That is why skillleech doesn't apply.

PS.

Here is me battling Krag:

1d5e3a-4.jpg

Took me awhile with my dinky rifle :lol:

Xfire's encoding must be pretty damn good. The source video was 6.9GB...the encoded version is a mere 69.2MB. Wow!

Actually now that I'm using a rifle I kind of like it.

It has "fastest attack speed" and you don't need to pause between shots so essentially my 311 DPS rifle probably does more damage quicker than 2 500 DPS pistols if you take into account the pause between using dual weapons...

Actually now that I'm using a rifle I kind of like it.

It has "fastest attack speed" and you don't need to pause between shots so essentially my 311 DPS rifle probably does more damage quicker than 2 500 DPS pistols if you take into account the pause between using dual weapons...

Yeah, I think I'm going to stick with rifles too, not just because of that, but also because skills like Ricochet and Explosive Shot only use your main weapon's DPS, AFAIK.

I stopped using my unique exp gain rifle for a set rifle with much higher dps (higher than my pistols) and life leech, plus fastest attack speed:

3ff83aa10509845852df629cb68e7a5810b4570e.jpg

Which goes with this helm:

5a1600e035b92c4742f700fd256d43bacde27840.jpg

PS. I got Bee Swarm (mini-boss random drop in a 15-30 map) and equipped it on my pet:

91583760cc8c97359ab179974a7cc6b63609244b.jpg

I wanted to get a screenshot of the actual swarm, except whenever he casts it, there's so much chaos on the screen. lol. I'll try again later on a non scroll map.

ouch

I got sick of my alch (again) and am doing another Vanq and I'm only lvl 17 and my rifle is 393 DPS.

76306a368d02a6d80f7ee3b71942a8373f85c170.jpg

Pretty darn nice.

Also I installed a mod that creates an NPC vendow near the shadow vault that sells map portals to higher levels its called Shadow Vault Elevator.

Its pretty neat to go to a dungeon 10 levels higher, sad thing is the game thinks you are near that level so all the gear is high level...

anyone know if there is a mod for an auto pick up or something? like you know when you walk by gold you automatically pick it up... if there was a mod that would do that for regular items, that'd be great

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I thought I couldn't disenchant anymooooore!!!

*cries*

There goes my almost 500 DPS rifle :( back down to 2 something...

EDIT:

Gah!

There was a conflict between something else I installed...

:(