Queenz Silverstone Raven Build Log

Queenz

W T F sort of case layout is that? Ports towards the top? :wacko:

It makes sense when you think about it. Heat rises. That layout lets it go that way naturally in addition to the fans moving air.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow really nice log queenz. very impressive build too. Just something I'm thinking of doing when I can land a job.

did you find out why the block is machined like that?

^

Also this?

Edited by Compxpert

Just my speculation on the block...

While the contact surface should be smooth for efficient heat transfer, if the channels where water flows are "scratchy" from machining, there might be a little added resistance to flow but no problems dissipating heat from the device. In fact it might actually help because of the slight increase in surface area.

Never built a PC before but that's what it seems like to me.

Just my speculation on the block...

While the contact surface should be smooth for efficient heat transfer, if the channels where water flows are "scratchy" from machining, there might be a little added resistance to flow but no problems dissipating heat from the device. In fact it might actually help because of the slight increase in surface area.

Never built a PC before but that's what it seems like to me.

Well the channels aren't scratch.

I sent a message to Dan to ask him and just awaiting a reply. Since it's the weekend I probably won't get a reply till Monday. I'll let you know.

why is the bottom of that block machined like that? I thought that mirror finish was the way to go?

I have used 4 of DD's full cover blocks and have not had any issues with the finish. The temperature drop is still significant over air cooling and I usually see a 30+ percent increase in the clock speeds I could run when compared to air cooling

OC'ed my XFX 5870. I used the GPU stress test part of OCCT to test stability.

900 Core/ 1300 Memory

29 degrees idle/ 42 degrees Load

gpuoc1.png

Edited by Queenz