Queenz

Queenz Silverstone Raven Build Log

Since I'm doing a new build, I thought it would be cool to start a log on it for the next couple of weeks while I put it together and do some mods to it. I got a new camera so I will be sure to add a ton of pictures on top of it.

I'll be sure to throw in my own custom watercooling guide on top of it.

Happy modding guys :)

Stay tuned.......

Woke up this morning to see I received my EVGA P55 FTW 1156 Motherboard, 24" Samsung Monitor, and Silverstone Raven Full Tower case:

DSC00050.jpg

24" Samsung LCD Monitor unpacked:

DSC00051.jpg

Assembled:

DSC00052.jpg

Silverstone Raven Full Tower case package:

DSC00053.jpg

Unpacked:

DSC00055.jpg

EVGA P55 FTW LGA1156 Motherboard:

DSC00003.jpg

Unpacked:

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00006-1.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

I couldn't believe how HUGE the Raven case is in person compared to the review pictures and Newegg's pictures. This cage is soooo sexy it's not funny. I can't wait to start on some mods for watercooling and get everything set up. I have more stuff coming on Tuesday so watch out :).

Edited by Queenz

Looks great!! I'm jealous of the box the panel came in, my 24" monitor's box was unnecessarily larger!

That case is very transformery

I would have gotten the Heatkiller block, I've heard its supposed to be the best block available on the market but its kinda pricey.

I would have gotten the Heatkiller block, I've heard its supposed to be the best block available on the market but its kinda pricey.

Purchased :)

I've looked at these blocks before and they were just to damn hard to find. But then again that was like 7 months ago lol. The REV 3.0 was selling like hot cakes.

The dtek block only cost $39 so I will probably return that now.

wow those memory sticks are a tad excessive :O I'd of poured the extra money into the poor SSD fund

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820220456

I know!! My board supports up to DDR3 2600+ so I went with 2200 lol and low latency. I'll probably do some mid upgrades later on in February like a better SSD. But as of right now I'll stick with the harddrives I just bought. Plus I have like 4 750 GB harddrives laying around here that were never used for storage and backup.

I know my board is an SLI board but I'm going with a DX11 5800 series card since I probably won't ever do SLI anyways unless Nvidia comes out with a DX11 card within the next month.

I know!! My board supports up to DDR3 2600+ so I went with 2200 lol and low latency. I'll probably do some mid upgrades later on in February like a better SSD. But as of right now I'll stick with the harddrives I just bought. Plus I have like 4 750 GB harddrives laying around here that were never used for storage and backup.

I know my board is an SLI board but I'm going with a DX11 5800 series card since I probably won't ever do SLI anyways unless Nvidia comes out with a DX11 card within the next month.

with decisions like these, you wonder why I didn't "invest" in you by buying that old computer :P

What kind of 5800's ya gettin?

with decisions like these, you wonder why I didn't "invest" in you by buying that old computer :P

What kind of 5800's ya gettin?

XFX 5870 :D

XFX 5870 :D

noooooooooooice lol, though you could be real awesome and get two Vapor-X's :D