Queenz Silverstone Raven Build Log

Queenz

UPDATE!!

Since I won't be receiving any more parts till this coming Tuesday, I headed out to my local Microcenter just to look around. It turns out they sell the Swiftech MCP-655 pump that Petrastechshop.com doesn't have in stock. On the plus side they were both similar in pricing so I bought it there. As you can see I'm not the best when it comes to taking pictures, but I know how everyone loves lots of pictures in build logs so I tried to do the best I can. Here are some pictures:

Packaging:

CIMG1149.jpg

CIMG1150.jpg

CIMG1151.jpg

CIMG1152.jpg

CIMG1153.jpg

CIMG1154.jpg

CIMG1157.jpg

There will be more stuff to come later this week. Plus I might write up a guide in this build log for proper wire management and watercooling if I get the chance.

This also leads me to a little story I wanted to tell. At Microcenter earlier today, I was in back near the watercooling and air cooling area where they got everything set. The store was busy inside, but not busy enough where I couldn't here someone's conversation lol. I was picking up the pump and I overheard these two guys that were just looking around at things trying to figure out what they were. This one guy sees me near the watercooling section and says to his friend, " Hey look over there, thats that stuff they call watercooling". His other friend then says," Why would you make the inside of your computer wet?". The other guy then replies, " I don't know but who ever uses that stuff is crazy cause if that **** leaks all over everything it could short it out and start a fire, how stupid could you be?" I wanted to laugh so bad when I overhear people talking about something they know absolutely nothing about. BIG FAIL FOR THEM! They obviously don't know about non-conductive liquid and clamps. Nor do they know your not actually wetting the computer. They were saying other ridiculous stuff that I won't bother listing, but they kept calling the computer their disk drive. Come on :rolleyes:

Edited by Queenz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This also leads me to a little story I wanted to tell. At Microcenter earlier today, I was in back near the watercooling and air cooling area where they got everything set. The store was busy inside, but not busy enough where I couldn't here someone's conversation lol. I was picking up the pump and I overheard these two guys that were just looking around at things trying to figure out what they were. This one guy sees me near the watercooling section and says to his friend, " Hey look over there, thats that stuff they call watercooling". His other friend then says," Why would you make the inside of your computer wet?". The other guy then replies, " I don't know but who ever uses that stuff is crazy cause if that **** leaks all over everything it could short it out and start a fire, how stupid could you be?" I wanted to laugh so bad when I overhear people talking about something they know absolutely nothing about. BIG FAIL FOR THEM! They obviously don't know about non-conductive liquid and clamps. Nor do they know your not actually wetting the computer. They were saying other ridiculous stuff that I won't bother listing, but they kept call the computer their disk drive. Come on :rolleyes:

LOL awesome story (and you better of gotten your CPU at micro, they almost always have better prices on processors)

That case is sweet, mine's still better though :P

Update!!

Well I had the day off today and Newegg says another round of my packages will be arriving today. I'm not to sure when it will arrive. But anyways I'm expecting my Core i7 860, G.Skill DDR3 2200, and Silverstone Strider Plus 750watt Modular psu.

What I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on is the silverstone power supply I ordered. Mainly because of this :D :D :D:

CIMG1184.jpg

I took her blouse off and now those pups are exposed:

CIMG1187.jpg

Edited by Queenz

UPDATE!!

Got more stuff yesterday night. I'm still waiting on the watercooling stuff and my XFX Radeon 5870.

Here ya go:

Newegg Boxing

CIMG1192.jpg

Newegg Boxing Opened:

CIMG1193.jpg

My new babies

CIMG1195.jpg

G. Skill 4GB DDR3 2200 (YES 2200 :D)

CIMG1200.jpg

G. Skill Memory Cooler

CIMG1201.jpg

Memory

CIMG1203.jpg

CIMG1204.jpg

CIMG1205.jpg

Intel Core i7 860

CIMG1206.jpg

Batch #

CIMG1208.jpg

Silverstone Strider Plus 750watt Modular PSU

CIMG1209.jpg

PSU packaging

CIMG1210.jpg

CIMG1211.jpg

Dual 8 Pin CPU power connectors FTW!! :D

CIMG1212.jpg

Modular

CIMG1213.jpg

Sexy

CIMG1217.jpg

Accessories

CIMG1218.jpg

Stock Intel Fan (I will not be using)

CIMG1219.jpg

Intel Core i7 860 (My Baby)

CIMG1220.jpg

Just did a quick install for now

CIMG1222.jpg

Once my watercooling stuff arrives and my XFX 5870 arrives, I will start piecing stuff together :D

Watch out ;)

Edited by Queenz