Queenz Silverstone Raven Build Log

Queenz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason it took weeks for me to build this is cause I had a few orders get screwed up and I had to get those exchanged. I guess that's what happens when you place multiple orders all at once lol. Plus Newegg screwed me over with the wrong video card and I had to wait another week to get my 5870. When I do things I have patience with stuff, so I'm not in a real big hurry to do things.

@SDY, I've noticed this too and thought the same thing. I have no clue as to why they did it. But the way they machined it can't be felt on the contact surface, it's in the block internally. The contact surface is pure flat. I will be contacting Dan to ask him about that though :)

I got another round of pictures coming in the next half hour so stay tuned ;)

Edited by Queenz

@SDY, I've noticed this too and thought the same thing. I have no clue as to why they did it. But the way they machined it can't be felt on the contact surface, it's in the block internally. The contact surface is pure flat. I will be contacting Dan to ask him about that though :)

well what you can feel and what the metals actual properties are (ie super tiny bumps and ridges) are two different things entirely ;)

I'm receiving my reservoir and more cable sleeves tomorrow. As you can see the tubing is long. I left it long cause I'm not sure yet where I will mount the reservoir. Then when I decide where to mount it, I will cut the tubing to the appropriate lengths. I will also show you some pictures of the wire management on the back. I'm still trying to decide if I will be using the Xigamatek exhaust fan on the top cause I'm not that big of a fan of flashy annoying fans. Before I had replaced it the stock SilverStone fan was there and I was just wanting to see what the Xigamatek fan looked like on there.

CIMG1703.jpg

CIMG1705.jpg

CIMG1711.jpg

CIMG1710.jpg

CIMG1713.jpg

CIMG1714.jpg

CIMG1715.jpg

Mounted the pump at the bottom of the case:

CIMG1716.jpg

PSU:

CIMG1717.jpg

CIMG1718.jpg

CIMG1719.jpg

As you can see I found a place for the door tag lol :P

Oh yeah I also modded the front panel switches for the white cathodes into one of the 5.25 drive bay slots. I had to cut out two holes to insert both switches in them. A good rule of thumb is to always cut the hole smaller than the diameter of the switch to insure a perfect tight fit:

CIMG1697.jpg

CIMG1698.jpg

CIMG1700.jpg

CIMG1699.jpg

CIMG1702.jpg

Yes it's D-Day and I finally finished everything. Unfortunately I ran out of more cable sleeving and will have to wait for more to come. But this doesn't stop me from getting my build up and running. This morning I received another generous package from Dan over at DangerDen. It was the last complete piece to my build and what was stopping me from finished it.

As always great packaging from DangerDen:

cimg1721i.jpg

Wow this is damn sexy. As you can see it has that brown paper thing on it, that's to protect it. Ofcoarse I removed it:

cimg1723j.jpg

Installed and filled with distilled water and Silver KillCoils added:

cimg1727b.jpg

cimg1725.jpg

Silver Kill Coil:

cimg1730.jpg

There is really no need for leak testing for my setup since I've worked with a similar watercooling setup before and know for a fact the tubing size and fittings match perfectly with no leaks. If you watch what your doing there should be no leaks at all. I've already installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 OEM, and installed all my programs (so far). I will tinker with OCing it and post up some screenies for you guys :D. There are still a few more minor touches I need to do like get more cable sleeving and such but it's not full neccesary ATM.

I ordered one of these along with more cable sleeving:

12783672.jpg

Here are some screenshots of my OC so far. I will be pushing my 860 to it's limits!!:

oc2m.png

Other than this I will have some final shots of every single thing tomorrow. I'm too lazy tonight plus my camera battery is dead :P