The "I Just Recently Watched Movies/TV Series" Topic

WhenKittensATK

Anyone seen Altered States?

Haha I saw it for the first time the other night..

I thought it was funny, a little mind-fk crazy.. but overall funny more than it was scary lol

Very different though, im not sure if i'd recommend it unless your in the mood for a old cheesy horror flick haha

Definitely one I won't forget, kinda like the schex scene in Splice.. rofl

Recently saw Rango too.. me thinks it'll hold as best animated picture of 2011

lol @ the Fear and Loathing cameo

FYI, DON'T BOTHER WATCHING THE MECHANIC

it's garbage, there's atleast 5 or more incidents where you can see the mic & boomstick :glare:

how that makes it into a final cut of a world wide cinema released film this day in age just fkin' puzzles me

Edited by TOMisCHEEZE

• 2 weeks later...

Limitless was pretty cool, I enjoyed it much more than the Adjustment Bureau, but that one wasn't too bad either

Also saw Warriors Way, I liked it but I could see how it might get mixed reviews, but I definitely enjoyed the style and detail they put into the fight scenes.

Still waitin' to see Sucker Punch and Source Code

Matrix Reloaded

Matrix Revolutions - man that one sucked compared to the other 2.

Sucker Punch - visual effects / art design etc were great and so was the soundtrack. i liked it and hated it on several levels spoilers to follow

The movie does make some jumps, and sometimes is a little confusing. And if you're the kind of person to sit back and make an assumption about it early on, then yeah, you're going to dislike it. It was hard to get truly attached to the main character, as she was mostly shallow, and her lobotomy at the end of the film ruins that attachment. The director took a pretty big jump with that. Also, it was kind of hard at first to quite understand her first alternate reality/dance. But as the movie goes on, it gets much better and more understandable. IMO, the dances were one of the main points. They were her escape, HER perspective on reality where she and her friends were extremely skilled superheros.

if i hadn't seen inception and understood the whole "dream within a dream" concept from that it definitely would have made sucker punch harder to follow. When it comes to the characters i was left a little disappointed with the lack of backstory / plot development. why do 5 random girls agree to help the new inmate escape no questions asked? and who are those people and why are they there? What's the deal with the stepfather?

I'm not normally the kind of guy who likes such "Think about it to make sense of it" movies, but this really got me.

:withstupid: i'm normally the same. also the lobotomy at the end was a little confusing for me especially the way they hid her face

Edited by bilcliff

I concur, but I do also believe that...

The other dancers had nothing. They had no chance or hope. This new girl was like an angel being sent to them, and they were amazed enough at her dances to be willing to follow her through with everything, desperately hoping for something other than what they had.

And all fancy talk aside, I have never, ever seen anything more awesome than steam punk mecha zombie nazi warfare. EVER.

• 2 weeks later...

Resident Evil

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Resident Evil: Extintion

Resident Evil: Afterlife

IMO the first two were the best ones. Ali Larter is hot and all but they've almost completely got rid of the horror element by the 4th one.

The Incredible Hulk (2008) - the one with edward norton. wasn't bad.