The "I Just Recently Watched Movies/TV Series" Topic

WhenKittensATK

Chuck Season 3+4 <--- I'm up to date, that is to say. Took me 4 days to watch 2 seasons, but like 2 years to watch 4 seasons. I hadn't realized that they started it back up after Season 2, so when I found out I was like :woo:. A lot of disappointments in Season 3, made up for in Season 4.

The Big Bang Theory Season 3+4 <--- Mostly just getting up to date. I had been watching it when Season 2 was just finished, but I stopped after Season 2, and forgot about it.

Off the Map Episodes 1,2, and 3 <-- I liked it at first, but now I'm kind of "meh" about it.

It's Kind of a Funny Story <-- Incredibly awkward, I lol'd two or three times. Not worth it. :-/

Dexter Season 5 <--- I LOVE That show. My favorite serial killer :D

I watched "Let Me In" last night.

I'm glad I watched it with a like-minded friend. We didn't really pay attention to the movie, we just picked at the absurdities in it.

"It's snowing.. isn't it New Mexico?" <-- our first laugh, opening scene.

"Is that jungle gym metal? Wouldn't they be freezing by sitting on it in the winter?"

"She's standing right there, asking for help. Why would you say "Hello?" AGAIN?"

it's really bad as a serious movie, but amazingly funny as something that you want to pick apart.

Since I started college here's what I remember in alphabetical order:

07 Ghost

30 Rock- Not very funny.

5 Centimeters Per Second (Must of been boring I don't remember it)

American Dad- Good.

Arakawa Under the Bridge- (and it's sequel)

AVGN aka James Rolfe- Decent to good to occasionally great.

B Gata H Kei- (Probably should be shown in [interpersonal genital relations] ed classes across the country, funny the first time, no replay value for some reason to me at least)

Bakemonogatari- Watch the budget idiots, climax ruined. Still cool show.

Bob's Burgers- (Hoping coach mcguirk will do something better then Archer)

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan and sequel- Great slapstick.

Beavis and Butthead- Great

BECK Mongolian Chop Squad

Bleach- (ugh)

Bones- Okay at best.

Cape, The- Not good.

Chuck- Fun, doesn't reel me in anymore.

Clannad- meh, okay

Clannad: After Story- The ending uses Dues Ex Machina

even if that robot and girl have been in it since the first episode it's still retarded. I realize this is somehow based on a game but that is irrelevant to the show.

Cleveland Show, The- Meh

Code Geass (and sequel)- Good.

Corpse Princess- Do not remember at all, probably watched in one sitting while tired and then forgot it all.

Community- Consistently Awesome

Cowboy Bebop- (couldn't live up to such high expectations)

Death Note

Dragonball- (Funny)

Dragonball Z up to Dr. Gero- TL;DW

Elfen Lied- (Pretentious, dumb, cool intro music)

Family Guy

FLCL- Best anime ever for a reason.

Full Metal Alchemist- better then FMA:Brotherhood

FMA:B

Fringe- Good/promising

Futakoi Alternative- retarded, obscene, unintentionally creappy and somewhat enjoyable.

Futurama (Best)

Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Great)

Great Teacher Onizuka (meh)

Gundam 00 (meh)

Gundam Wind (Not as good as I remember)

Highschool of the Dead- Bad but still watchable

Honey and Clover S1 not S2- Depressing. Don't remember ending. George Lucas jokes were funny. To slow.

House

K-On- Melt your brains dumb.

Kimi no Todoke- Interesting premise, fails to deliver.

Koukaku no Regios

Lupin III Castle of Cagliostro (Fun)

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, (Good)

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya S2 (I sat through the endless 8 with no prior knowledge/influence and it wasn't that bad, it was mind numbing perhaps but because I hadn't been exposed to the idea that it was filler I watched it assuming it was interesting. I wouldn't do it again but it was interesting watching it and then getting to the 4th and feeling like it was almost over and then watching it again and again (and again and again))

Moyashimo (okay, short)

Mushishi (okay).

Naruto- better then bleach (not counting filler since I came in after filler)

Naruto Shippuden- (Downhill)

Now and Then, Here and There- Terrible. Just because it makes a statement about war/child soldiers doesn't mean it's good.

Office, The- Good.

One Piece- (Bad in a lot of ways, still better then bleach)

Outlaw Star (Grappling spaceships, 'nuff said)

Princesses Mononoke (okay)

Quantum Leap S1, S2- Good

Ruroni Kenshin (Decent till end of bandage guy ark)

Ruroni Kenshin OVAs- Not as amazed as others seem to be but they're okay.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei- First series is hilarious, the rest are too japanese for me to understand the references (not that that is a problem with the show).

School Days- Even though I knew the ending I still loved the ridiculous drama after episode 5 or 6. It's a very hard to watch show but it's enjoyable, and if you don't know the end then watch the series and lol.

School Rumble (all)- Frustrating, okay, too juvenile.

Shiki- Enjoyable

Simpsons, The- Bad

Soul Eater- subpar

Spirited Away (Still good)

Summer Wars (Good)

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann- "Don't believe in yourself Simon. Believe in Me who believes in you. Yours is a drill taht will pierce the heavens!)

Tatami Galaxy, The (Great in many ways)

Trigun- (Fun)

xxxHolic- (I'm to old for this)

Yu Yu Hakusho- (As good as I remember it being).

Procrastinating study.

Edited by xchrissypoox

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the movie Green Zone last night.

From IMDB:

Following the American invasion of Iraq in 2003 Chief Warrant Officer Roy Miller and his men are charged with finding the so-called weapons of mass destruction, whose existence justified American involvement, according to the Pentagon and their man in Baghdad, Poundstone. Veteran CIA operative Marty tells Miller that there are no weapons, it is a deception to allow the Americans to take over the country and install a puppet leader. Also suspicious of Poundstone is Wall Street Journal reporter Lawrie Dayne, who lets slip to Miller that Poundstone told her he had secret talks in Jordan with an important Iraqi, code-named Magellan, who told him about the weapons, though it now seems likely Magellan's true information was to the contrary. So begins a hunt for the truth. Who's playing whom?