The "I Just Recently Watched Movies/TV Series" Topic

WhenKittensATK

Faster

I did quite enjoy it. Simple plot, textbook plot twist, but it was well done.

:withstupid: i thought. yay "the rock" is going back to doing average action films, but it was actually pretty decent

The Green Hornet - pretty funny. loved the small appearance by James Franco.

Jackass 3D - its jackass. a little much poo and vomit for my liking. definitley way too much of chris pontius' wang. i did chuckled a couple of times at some of the things they did to bam magera

Had the unfortunate experience of the last few bits of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Was far from happy:

The ending was taken straight out of The Last Crusade. Also, aliens? The other movies had a bit more original plotlines than aliens. Also, Shia Lebouf was good in Even Stevens. That's about it.

watched a couple of episodes of Family guy season 5 yesterday with the GF. Found out the hard way that its not a good show to leave playing in the background while making out :P . Very quickly kills the mood when you both start chuckling

IT Crowd Season 3. definitley made me chuckle a few times more than the first 2 seasons.

I could understand why, which I shall explain in spoiler text.

The movie does make some jumps, and sometimes is a little confusing. And if you're the kind of person to sit back and make an assumption about it early on, then yeah, you're going to dislike it. It was hard to get truly attached to the main character, as she was mostly shallow, and her lobotomy at the end of the film ruins that attachment. The director took a pretty big jump with that. Also, it was kind of hard at first to quite understand her first alternate reality/dance. But as the movie goes on, it gets much better and more understandable. IMO, the dances were one of the main points. They were her escape, HER perspective on reality where she and her friends were extremely skilled superheros. One critic stated that it was a bunch of fanboy flotsam. It wasn't. It was her method of coping with having seen her sister be killed and taken to the facility. That's my opinion on it. Perhaps the critics are angry because this film ISN'T one that makes sense right off the bat. It's similar to the ending of Inception, it's up to you to determine what's really going on. I'm not normally the kind of guy who likes such "Think about it to make sense of it" movies, but this really got me.

Tl;dr: USA Today said it best: "You've never seen a movie like Sucker Punch. And depending on your entertainment preferences, you may not want to. " I'd encourage you to go to a weekend matinee or something, and see if you like it. It makes some big jumps, it combines action and drama/suspense pretty roughly, IMO. You really have to decide for yourself if it's good or not.

ROFL! BA-BA!?

(okay its not a tv or movie series but it is a web series, lol..)

but anyways I recently saw:

-Battle: Los Angeles (i thought it was good, definitely worth a watch)

-Paul (also thought it was a good one, i'd give it another watch)

Edited by TOMisCHEEZE