RIP Verran

grounded87

Kristin:

Thank you for stopping by. As much as we'll miss Ryan, please take some comfort in knowing that he was important to us too and that we''l be remembering you in our prayers as well.

Dale

This is a very sad bit of news I had to face today when browsing the forums... although you don't know the guy in person, you recon you know them in a way. I can personally look back to numerous PMs and countless forum discussions in which I have enjoyed the input Ryan had to offer. Starting back in the 939 days when I joined, the numerous overclocking competitions he helped keep up to date when I was gone, the page-long memory debates we had if UCCC or CE-5/CE-6's were the best chips... most of all, the various political / car debates in the forums... reading back over some of these posts and PMs I wish I had met him. He felt like a friend which you thought you knew but then you barely did. Ryan, you will be dearly missed! My deepest condolences to you Kristin and also the rest of the family!

Andy

Edited by kingdingeling

I was surprised when I saw that he had died. I've seen numerous helpful posts that where made by him in this forum. He has also answered several questions that I have come across.

He had a enormous amount of knowledge about Hardware and Software alike, I'm sure his absence will have a impact on this forum. My sympathies go out to his family and wife.

I'm sure everyone in this forum will miss him. I hope he rests in peace.

Wow,

I googled Ryan to find his obituary and found this, it's nice to see that he was involved in so many lives. He was casual and wry, and probably one of the best men I've ever had the pleasure of befriending. He could be well spoken and a goofball in the same sentence. I had lunch with him a few months ago, and he didn't let on that anything was up. That was his style. Cool, collected, badass.

I will always miss him,

He was everything I wanted to be.

-Keeton

Absolutely. That cool, collected, badass attitude carried over to his work on OCC, as well. Lord knows he and I didn't see eye-to-eye on some issues in the past, but I developed an affinity for his style. Even though I didn't know him personally, I grew fond of him over our years of discussion and debate. Every night before I go to sleep, and every morning after I wake up, I say a little prayer for all of his family and friends. I know he had a strong presence wherever he was, and I can't imagine how difficult it is for the folks who have been so used to interacting with him daily. I really appreciate y'all being so strong and positive throughout all of this. We at OCC are right there with you.