"Green" Game Cases.

greengiant912

As many of you might of noticed when buying MW2, AC2 or even L4D2. You might have noticed that the case was missing something! The new cases are meant to be a more ECO friendly alternative to the cases that were produced for games/dvds earlier..

I was waiting for some of the gaming blogs to catch wind of this and what do you know Kotaku published an article today about it.

http://kotaku.com/5415367/changing-video-g...o-for-the-green

To me I find these new cases don't really do what a case is meant to do, and that is to protect your disk! With giant holes on the cases, it would be pretty easy for a sharp object to go threw the paper jacket and scratch your disk. While cases can only protect so much, I always thought they were meant to protect your disks from getting scratched.

What are your takes on this?

What? Where did you get this garbage from? I just checked my MW2 case and its all plastic cover, with paper on just the outside, no holes at all....

Sorry but I really have no clue where you are finding these "holes".

What? Where did you get this garbage from? I just checked my MW2 case and its all plastic cover, with paper on just the outside, no holes at all....

Sorry but I really have no clue where you are finding these "holes".

My copy of MW2 and AC2 came with these "ECO" cases, the "eco" cases are quite a bit more flimsy then the old school cases...

post-66459-1259716919_thumb.jpg

Also a little side note here, the Manual for MW2 is only a few pages long....

post-66459-1259717161_thumb.jpg

post-66459-1259717152_thumb.jpg

Edited by greengiant912

Sounds like a lame excuse to jump on the GREEN bandwagon. If they wanted to go green, then go digital distribution. Put all game documents online. Then stop making devices with proprietary connections.

If you don't have internet yet, then tough luck. It's like the SD users complaining about new games that don't fully support SDTV. Get in your horse and carriage and ride down the highway to complain to your representatives.