Modern Warfare 2 Owns!

Jump4h

or im just used to the great gameplay from the CoD series so i wasnt surprised.

So you're implying it's more of the same. Not looking too good.

(playing devil's advocate btw)

as in you can't play your game anymore, or just online??

Only on VAC - enabled servers. You can still play on servers with no anti-cheat.

Edited by tkrow21

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got it at EBGames and played it for an hour, very fun. Seems I rarely get lag and the teams seem pretty balanced aswell, and no stupid team changers! This Matchmaking actually isn't that bad, if you wanna play with your clan, just invite them.

Just got it at EBGames and played it for an hour, very fun. Seems I rarely get lag and the teams seem pretty balanced aswell, and no stupid team changers! This Matchmaking actually isn't that bad, if you wanna play with your clan, just invite them.

Good for you. You've seen the light behind the curtain of hate :D. I personally don't have a problem with this system. I play games on both PC and consoles and grown accustom to both systems.

So you're implying it's more of the same. Not looking too good.

(playing devil's advocate btw)

maybe i should say it like this... I expected nothing less than stellar gameplay from IW. but i did have some issues with CoD4's graphics.

Played the first 3 missions. Looks pretty good, but I think that's my limit for today. This game gives me a massive headache, probably from how the screen shakes when you get shot.

Each earned Prestige gives you an extra custom class slot, at least it did in the console version. It should for the PC too, now that it has prestige.

I haven't played this but I've heard a bit about it giving headaches. Most are saying it's because the FoV is locked at 65 and it always looks kind of zoomed in. I think sitting further away might be able to help with the headaches, but you can't actually change it. As some would say, it's not "balanced" for that.

This is likely one of the only reviews out there that really rated the game fairly. Alot of other review sites in my opinion got caught up in alot of the hype...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30501433/vp/33844922

That IS a really good review of it. I know its an internet video (i.e. crappy quality) but it still feels like they had the graphic settings dialed down a couple notches. Someone asked about the graphics - The scenery and items look outstanding. The character models are pretty good ...not as good as Batman and Uncharted 2 - maybe tied with Uncharted2. In short, it still looks really good.

The game play is fun and addictive. That video review is a pretty accurate on the gameplay perspective. Not so much on the graphics as the graphics are far better in real life... but it's really the game play that is the most important anyway and it is fun. Just not without flaws. Biggest complaint is lack of "cover" moves for me at least.

I've noticed MW2 has some annoying stupid Lag Spikes. I noticed these occasionally. But not too bad.

I have noticed that on XBLA as well.

@Dark

Yeah, Its not a bad game. I just don't think it deserves all the GOTY hype alot of reviewers are giving. When you have games that bring so much more innovation to the table. To me a GOTY has to be innovative and bring something new to the table in several factors. Story, Mechanics, and Multiplayer. These are the three key features that all good games boil down too. While all games don't necessarily include Multiplayer I still keep it in my top three factors, often times games that lack in multiplayer make up for it in a super rich story and awesome game mechanics.

Edited by greengiant912