Modern Warfare 2 Owns!

Jump4h

:withstupid: That rooftop one is just awful, especially since you really don't know why you have to chase him. I feel like that for several missions we're not given a reason for the objective like we had in the first game. Really makes you feel detached.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got through single player. I thought it was awesome, especially the "Wolverines" campaign. :D

I agree, though, I feel detached from this one, whereas in COD4 I actually felt like I was there. The missions are very convoluted, and I found it easier to just ignore any storyline and do what the objectives said, because it was no use trying to figure out why I was doing half the crap I was. :lol:

Or if you're like me and my friends, you share the game with them with your account. I use my friends account and play all his games and occasionally he uses mine to play the games he doesn't have. That's how I deal with it :).

Anybody want to play any of my games??

steam.png

oh,,, i see now..

so when your friend is playing one of your games then can you access your account at all or do you only lose access to that particular game?

Brix had been shat when:

At the end of the airport mission, you were shot.

When you meet Captain Price and discover he is alive.

Gasoline is poured on you and you are burned alive.

The ending.

I didn't think the story was hard to follow. In fact, it was pretty simple,

you try to do good, get exposed, Russians attack the U.S., you get the guy who exposed you

Anyway, the story was amazing, though it was short.

Multiplayer is like it always has been; ridiculously addictive.

I have to agree about it feeling detached, I personally felt detached because I ended up playing with about 5 different characters throughout the entire game. It also didn't really feel like any of the characters that you didn't play as, such as ghost, price, foley, none of them felt like they had any depth or background, soap was the only one with personality in my opinion. Also, does anyone else think the look they gave soap was kind of out of odd?

Edited by Deathmineral

I also think theres way too much radio chatter."get the laze on that target" (2secs later) "Go,hurry up,get that laze on the target" (2secs later) "Go,hurry up move up!" And probably ten other things inbetween.I sit there bewildered sometimes.Then i got to the castle mission,it looks and feels good as you and your team roll in with the heli's,then it degenirates quickly into the same old thing until i got to the shower part,died 10 times,then switched it off.Poor game imo.

I also think theres way too much radio chatter."get the laze on that target" (2secs later) "Go,hurry up,get that laze on the target" (2secs later) "Go,hurry up move up!" And probably ten other things inbetween.I sit there bewildered sometimes.Then i got to the castle mission,it looks and feels good as you and your team roll in with the heli's,then it degenirates quickly into the same old thing until i got to the shower part,died 10 times,then switched it off.Poor game imo.

I agree, there are simply too many distractions for you to really slow down and appreciate the game. Too much running and getting shot at. When your screen is all red, it's hard to see anything. Even the stealth missions are very action packed.

I just finished the game, took me a little under 7 hours. Relatively short and the storyline wasn't nearly as interesting as the one from the first game. GotY material? Definitely not. I imagine all the fun lies in the multiplayer.

I thought the SP was pretty fun and enjoyable. I understood the story easily. Didn't feel like I was constantly getting distracted and I do get distracted easily, well at least not while I'm gaming. Although it felt like they went overboard with killing off main characters. It was an overkill to the whole experience.

All the new updated guns were fun to use. Glad they updated their arsenal to newer weapons.

But my GOTY nominations are: Batman Arkham Asylum, Dragon Age: Origins, and Uncharted 2.