nVidia is trying to shoot down the Hydra...

Waco

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ugh... myself being open minded i can understand the physx debacle, though I def don't like it. This, if it's true, is blatantly anti-competitive imo, and from my point of view simply tells me that nVidia knows its SLi technology is behind the times.

If this is true, and I were Lucid and/or MSI, I would sue nVidia. much like the EU case against Intel, for forcefully blocking competition.

I think nVidia is worried that they'll lose profits from their SLi licensing more than anything.

I'd also be worried if I were them because SLi scales much better than Crossfire now...and if the Lucid chip works as promised we could see a drastic performance increase for ATI cards. :)

I read the articles,but im a bit confused.Are they saying an Nvidia card along with an ATI card can be 'SLIfired' (im coining that phrase btw) without any additional software?

Edited by 00stevo

I read the articles,but im a bit confused.Are they saying an Nvidia card along with an ATI card can be 'SLIfired' (im coining that phrase btw) without any additional software?

You'll need ATI, NVIDIA and Lucid drivers