New DX11 Cards

MJCRO

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. To be honest, my HD2900PRO was as good as the HD4870 right now. In Crysis I still only get 30FPS at the exact same settings, and the only game I noticed a gain was in CoD WaW, 60FPS all the time. The HD4870 wasn't what I expected it to be, I mean cmon I play at 1440x900 and it can't even do better than an HD2900PRO?

Maybe the HD5870 will be better, I hope so anyways. Maybe this is the amazing card, maybe its a fail card, who knows. Just wondering Bosco, will OCC be reviewing one anytime soon?

im not sure how you come to this conclusion.

there must be somthing wrong with your system , i get a solid 90fps in W@W , and alot more in crysis (possibley due to extra cores)

i have the same resi as you what makes things interesting , test some other games id like to know how we match up.

the 5xxx series will be a improvement over the 4xxx , unless theres some fatal design error :) , but i cant wait for comparing the frame rates

1. If you're not getting more frames, you're doing it wrong.

2. Turn off Vsync to go above 60FPS.

He's doing it wrong by not being able to count properly. :lol:

Exactly, I mean everone's getting all excited over what they see and read. I'm actually disappointed by what I've seen leaked so far. The only thing that will make me happy is that they do well in real world performance, 1600shaders SOUNDS impressive but 800 shaders didn't make the 4870 top dog.

Perhaps your memory is a bit clouded but the 4870 absolutely destroyed nVidia's pricing model at the time and still reigns champion as the best bang-for-buck card out there.

You waffle more than Kerry ever did. :P

He's doing it wrong by not being able to count properly. :lol:

Perhaps your memory is a bit clouded but the 4870 absolutely destroyed nVidia's pricing model at the time and still reigns champion as the best bang-for-buck card out there.

You waffle more than Kerry ever did. :P

I'm not saying that the 4870 didn't shake nvidia up but it was the best card ati had out at the time, and it only barely beat the second best nvidia. Though luckily that was enough to pose a threat and caused the better 260 to come out.

I loved my 4870 back when I had it, the only part I didn't like was the 512mb, it was the thorn in that cards foot. It should have been 1GB to start

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I'm not saying that the 4870 didn't shake nvidia up but it was the best card ati had out at the time, and it only barely beat the second best nvidia. Though luckily that was enough to pose a threat and caused the better 260 to come out.

I loved my 4870 back when I had it, the only part I didn't like was the 512mb, it was the thorn in that cards foot. It should have been 1GB to start

nobody is perfect , ati 4870 512 mb , nvidia gtx 260 192......:P

the only part I didn't like was the 512mb, it was the thorn in that cards foot. It should have been 1GB to start

...except that the extra video memory almost *never* helps except at very high resolutions. <_<

You need to think a bit more before you post.

...except that the extra video memory almost *never* helps except at very high resolutions. <_<

You need to think a bit more before you post.

it helps if you want to run AA, I could run any game very well at 1680x1050 but AA would destroy me

the age of 512mb cards is over (high end cards anyway, I know it's pointless for the lower end cards), plus it helps if you want to mod an old game (like oblivion) to load more detailed textures in farther way and just pack it all into the video memory.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Take a look here. Stupid expensive? Sure. It's pretty cool though.

Meh, I'll hold out until a really good game comes with that can fully use Dx 11. To make a purchase worth it.

By that time there will be DX13-14 cards ;)

Edited by Zertz