Intel Core i5 750 Core i7 870 Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope. There's a built in max-clock that limits the maximum CPU speed in Turbo mode.

There might be a max clock at some point, but you can overclock while leaving Turbo on

Now all I need to do is figure out which motherboard to pair with it. This might be the latest flavor of my build.

CPU Mobo combo deal.

Newegg

and for memory

Newegg

Motherboard, memory and CPU for $449

Edited by gabrieltessin

IVI, read carefully, I said STICK WITH INTEL. Which means I will go over to AMD, not stick with Intel. Read the post a few times next time ;)

yeah but you still have the intel am I wrong :lol:. unless you need your sig updated

yeah but you still have the intel am I wrong :lol:. unless you need your sig updated

I am upgrading. I guess I forgot to tell you guys, and the i5's haven't changed my mind in going with AMD. i5 will cost me $400+ while AMD will cost me $250(Good buddy of mine you know who you are :))

It also lets me keep my DDR2 kit and not force me to spend more than $65 on getting a tripple channel kit that has no gains in games.

I am upgrading. I guess I forgot to tell you guys, and the i5's haven't changed my mind in going with AMD. i5 will cost me $400+ while AMD will cost me $250(Good buddy of mine you know who you are :))

It also lets me keep my DDR2 kit and not force me to spend more than $65 on getting a tripple channel kit that has no gains in games.

Lynnfield Core I5/7 is dual channel.

Edited by damian

Good point, being able to reuse your current memory will surely help. What are you getting??? x3 720, x4 940??

Ok, 4gb still costs $70+ (Of DDR3 Dual Channel)

:bah: to DDR3 :bah: :bah: :bah: I'll never get it until this system dies.