5870 price range

N.E.A

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its not even so much temps if they could get their damn drivers to work properly and give us scaling drivers ATI might go somewhere <_<

As long as ATI keeps their head in their sand about drivers and they are never going to get the crown back. You can sell all the cheapest cards you want if the performance is not there people are going to go with the other guys. :(

Ive been feeling this more and more lately. Almost every time I want to force AA in a game its borked. With my 8800GTS it just worked...

I did some heavy benching with dual 4870s of my friends (we wanted to compare performance between E8500 and Phenom II 940) and never saw temps past 75C on the card. I had the fans manually turned up to 70% (which put it just under the volume of my other fans). My GTX 260 runs every bit as hot.

Admittedly, if I didn't set the fan up I'm sure they would have been in the 90s.

I think you mean 2000 series that had to be the worst :(

agreed ...................

ccokeman and I have been testing Batman Arkham Asylum and Darkest of Days for the last few days. Nvidia's driver is already out nothing from ATI :(

dam you ATI and your drivers :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

I did some heavy benching with dual 4870s of my friends (we wanted to compare performance between E8500 and Phenom II 940) and never saw temps past 75C on the card. I had the fans manually turned up to 70% (which put it just under the volume of my other fans). My GTX 260 runs every bit as hot.

Admittedly, if I didn't set the fan up I'm sure they would have been in the 90s.

i think it is because each card is doing half of what he does .......? am i wrong ...? :unsure:

The only thing I have noticed that I absolutely hate with my HD4870 is the random lag. Xfire(Lol yes I use it :D, and CoMod) FPS show that it went from 100FPS-80FPS and it feels like 10FPS for a few seconds, then back to normal. what the heck? Probably because I have no clue on what the temperature for it is(Seems like my Mobo really does have an error, can't read temps for anything).

I hope the 5 series is better with that random lag.

edit: supposodly its running at 43 degrees celsius, but it does not change...btw I cannot hear the fan.

Edited by Darkfuneral1337

My Sapphire 4870 never passes 60C while OC'd to 800Mhz at like a 35%-40% fan speed which is silent.

Edit: At least it did with my last setup. Seems to be running much hotter now. Guess my air flow isn't nearly as good as before plus knowing how dusty my house is it's probably due for a cleaning... eh oh well :(

Edited by XxHellxRaizerxX

The only thing I have noticed that I absolutely hate with my HD4870 is the random lag. Xfire(Lol yes I use it :D, and CoMod) FPS show that it went from 100FPS-80FPS and it feels like 10FPS for a few seconds, then back to normal. what the heck? Probably because I have no clue on what the temperature for it is(Seems like my Mobo really does have an error, can't read temps for anything).

I hope the 5 series is better with that random lag.

edit: supposodly its running at 43 degrees celsius, but it does not change...btw I cannot hear the fan.

Does it almost seem like stuttering?

Whats the problem with 4870's?.....heat....i dont think so

i just hope the 5xxx wont be much bigger than the 4xxx in actual size , because there rather large now

post-67764-1251512349_thumb.jpg

Whats the problem with 4870's?.....heat....i dont think so

i just hope the 5xxx wont be much bigger than the 4xxx in actual size , because there rather large now

:withstupid:

I've never had any issues with ATI drivers, and as far as heat, my 4870 had a better cooler than my 260. It was loud yes, but not that much louder and it cooled far better.

i actually haven't had an issues with drivers.... other then when windows 7 rc first came out but the issues i had where more windows related.... i do however think if ati improved there drivers more they could get more out of there current cards... noise on the other hand lol there loud.... as for card size? i may have the physically biggest of them all lol at a whopping 11 3/8 inchs long of just pcb length ... it would actually make sense to me with a die shrink the card would be smaller or at least the same size? ive been waiting patiently for the 5800 series.. im hoping for the best... though as of now theres only one direct x 11 game im looking forward to ... which is as you guessed crysis 2 ... ither way if the perfomance of the 5870 is faster then the 285 and cheaper they won me over... esp an x2 version... itd be awesome if it was as fast as the 295 mars or faster! a pair could run anything i tell you~! but will see what happens right?