N.E.A

5870 price range

:lol:

speaking of ati driver issues, since i loaded up 9.8 i havent been able to finish crysis. the dang thing freezes on the carrier deck during battle with the armed thing and always in about the same place....i don't get it ??? no problems prior to that or while using 9.7?? :huh:

I liked my HD2900PRO more than this HD4870...no stupid stuttering >:( lol

Its not the 4870's fault,its the driver set.Ive been testing the 9.4's today and i can confirm that the stuttering is almost non-existent.But really,its pathetic that we(radeon owners)have to downgrade to 4 month old drivers just so we get less stuttering.Im almos at the point of giving up gaming on my rig cos of it(the stuttering).But before i do,i will get a gtx 260 and if the problem goes away,i doubt i'll ever go back to ati.

I could probably vouch for the fact that AMDs hardware isn't the issue with the stuttering or any problem you might have with an ATi card... In fact if they improved their drivers it could even help close a performance gap between them and nvidia... I just wish they would listen to people and start developing better driver releases. Some reason though I got a feeling there going to try something like that with DX 11 hope I'm not wrong. I'm surprised they aren't or haven't been working on a complete rewrite of the Catalyst code base for the 3xxx, 4xxx, and 5xxx series.

I could probably vouch for the fact that AMDs hardware isn't the issue with the stuttering or any problem you might have with an ATi card... In fact if they improved their drivers it could even help close a performance gap between them and nvidia... I just wish they would listen to people and start developing better driver releases. Some reason though I got a feeling there going to try something like that with DX 11 hope I'm not wrong. I'm surprised they aren't or haven't been working on a complete rewrite of the Catalyst code base for the 3xxx, 4xxx, and 5xxx series.

Yeah I mean if they can give nvidia this much trouble with bad drivers and like 80% or more of games being out of the box optimized for nvidia...They could take the crown back with hardware they already have out. I think they could complete the optimizations for the 3 series (since that was sort of a disappointing series in the shdow of the 8800s)

The only thing I have noticed that I absolutely hate with my HD4870 is the random lag. Xfire(Lol yes I use it :D, and CoMod) FPS show that it went from 100FPS-80FPS and it feels like 10FPS for a few seconds, then back to normal. what the heck? Probably because I have no clue on what the temperature for it is(Seems like my Mobo really does have an error, can't read temps for anything).

I hope the 5 series is better with that random lag.

edit: supposodly its running at 43 degrees celsius, but it does not change...btw I cannot hear the fan.

That's a CPU problem; I get it while running virus scans during gametime. :)

hey guys more good news and this one is very very good

http://www.techpowerup.com/103786/First_Ra...es_Surface.html

the thing i am curious about is why one 5870 performs better than two , i think it is because of the drivers

it shows that 5870 is faster than gtx 285 , but what about crysis ..? no idea ..

hope it can compete with gtx 385 :P or even gtx 360 , this time nvidia must not do any mistake ,.........:)

hey guys more good news and this one is very very good

http://www.techpowerup.com/103786/First_Ra...es_Surface.html

the thing i am curious about is why one 5870 performs better than two , i think it is because of the drivers

it shows that 5870 is faster than gtx 285 , but what about crysis ..? no idea ..

hope it can compete with gtx 385 :P or even gtx 360 , this time nvidia must not do any mistake ,.........:)

eh, I'm pretty sure HAWX is an ATI loving game, I'd like to see other real life games not 3dmark. Hopefully they're right though