5870 price range

N.E.A

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not sure that info is accurate Carl.

I am a little skeptical about those charts that are being shown. Alot of games are older on that list there is not a good selection of newer stuff in it. However its possible those were from a month ago or something hard to say. Its going to be intresting to see where things are going to go thats for sure. :)

That's why I said I am eagerly waiting for OCC's review! :) When it comes from sources we know and trust, only then we can be sure of the numbers.

personally i believe the 5870x2 will show more desirable results then the 5870s in crossfire...... some games do not scale well for crossfire...

The 5870X2 is just two 5870s in Crossfire...so I don't see what you're getting at.

but don't they optimize it to kinduv have some more connection with two gpu's making them act almost like 1?

No. They run Crossfire just like separate cards, they just don't talk through the motherboard to do it.

No man you don't have it right. Sure NVIDIA might be faster with its GT300 series, but keep in mind that's not going to be until next year. Don't you know PC technology is progressing at a phenomenal rate? If you take a graphics card that has been released months later there a good chances it will be better...

Also the important is not having the fastest card on the market. If you look at the current generation, yes NVIDIA did have the fastest card, but I think who did the best overall is ATI. In case you did not know, NVIDIA is currently selling under its manufacturing costs for a long time now. That's what resulted from AMD's agressive pricing. Look at what it gave.

Finally, look at this article, ATI is clearly the one with the most growth. The revenues from the HD4xxx series are what allowed them to develop and launch their next series of GPUs so early compared to NVIDIA. And They will have the fastest cards on the market for some time. Obviously they will be asking a premium for it, like every other manufacturer would do. That's called business.

That being said, I don't think NVIDIA will be able to...

who said the nvidia gets more money than ati , who said that nvidia is better in making cards.....?

all i said that nvidia cards are good not the company itself , i like ATI but it has some issues i do not like and nvidia has not those issues

i am want to get a card , so i will wait till nvidia push gtx 300 because i do not want to say : if i waited a little bit ,

by the way what i meant by removing ati from the scene is getting all the good stuff i said plus decent pricing .........:)

thanks for the information i really did not now any thing about the gtx 260 price drop ........:)

some times i say ati sucks , i had 4850 and my friend had gts 250 when looking at the games we both play i see nvidia performs better in my res , and the heat issue , and the drivers <_< , how would you feel if you are on the web or any thing else other than gaming

and the screen stops and turns black then come back to normal and that happens every 4-7 minutes this is what was happening with my previous 4850,2900xt , that is why i hate ati my friend who had 4870 said this did not happen to him before with 4870 and both cards were sapphire , and when i asked why was this happening to me i got this : for 4850 it was happening because of the heat ,

(do not mind 2900xt )

before getting my gtx 275 i could hav got 4890 toxic

but the games i play 275 performs better and some times i play at 2560x1600 and the gtx 275 performs better at that res

both companies are great , i like them

as well as amd and intel , every one has it`s pros and cons ............:)

thanks again for the info.............?

all i hope that nvidia will price their cards well this time :)