5870 price range

N.E.A

eh, I'm pretty sure HAWX is an ATI loving game, I'd like to see other real life games not 3dmark. Hopefully they're right though

yeah , crysis / warhead , far cry 2 ...and ati must do some thing about crossfire :angry2:

i think i will get one with i5 , but i want physx so i will keep my i7 with the gtx 275

and i think nvidia will slap ati with gtx 380/360/375/385 you know 4870 vs gtx 260 216 so nvidia must not do the same mistake twice

so i think the gtx 380 will kill 5870 if not 360 .......but sadly i will wait till the gtx 300 if they are better than 5870 , any one who will get 5870x2

he is wasting money for sure ................

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is the complete set of graphs.

Looks awesome, can't wait for OCC's review :)

it is great to see 5870 can catch up with gtx 285 but , what if nvidia slapped ati with the gtx 300 , faster cards , dx 11 as the 5800 , run cooler , performs better in multiple graphics cards , ......and they will hit them if the gtx 300 are priced will , sure the gtx 385/395 will be flying in the sky but 380/375/360 should be priced well to remove ati from the scene .........

amd will always be behind , intel cpus are expensive but faster and can do things amd can not do , nvidia is a little bit expensive but faster card very good performance in almost all games except for dx 10.1 games and cool running , better performance when adding another card

but i think this year one gtx 380/385 will be good for 30 inch display even with crysis /warhead /2 ...............:)

it is great to see 5870 can catch up with gtx 285 but , what if nvidia slapped ati with the gtx 300 , faster cards , dx 11 as the 5800 , run cooler , performs better in multiple graphics cards , ......and they will hit them if the gtx 300 are priced will , sure the gtx 385/395 will be flying in the sky but 380/375/360 should be priced well to remove ati from the scene .........

amd will always be behind , intel cpus are expensive but faster and can do things amd can not do , nvidia is a little bit expensive but faster card very good performance in almost all games except for dx 10.1 games and cool running , better performance when adding another card

but i think this year one gtx 380/385 will be good for 30 inch display even with crysis /warhead /2 ...............:)

No man you don't have it right. Sure NVIDIA might be faster with its GT300 series, but keep in mind that's not going to be until next year. Don't you know PC technology is progressing at a phenomenal rate? If you take a graphics card that has been released months later there a good chances it will be better...

Also the important is not having the fastest card on the market. If you look at the current generation, yes NVIDIA did have the fastest card, but I think who did the best overall is ATI. In case you did not know, NVIDIA is currently selling under its manufacturing costs for a long time now. That's what resulted from AMD's agressive pricing. Look at what it gave.

The green goblin posted a net loss of $201.3 million - 37 cents a share - with revenue down 42 percent year on year from $1.15 billion to $664.2 million.

Finally, look at this article, ATI is clearly the one with the most growth. The revenues from the HD4xxx series are what allowed them to develop and launch their next series of GPUs so early compared to NVIDIA. And They will have the fastest cards on the market for some time. Obviously they will be asking a premium for it, like every other manufacturer would do. That's called business.

That being said, I don't think NVIDIA will be able to...

remove ati from the scene .........
Edited by The Smith

No man you don't have it right. Sure NVIDIA might be faster with its GT300 series, but keep in mind that's not going to be until next year. Don't you know PC technology is progressing at a phenomenal rate? If you take a graphics card that has been released months later there a good chances it will be better...

Also the important is not having the fastest card on the market. If you look at the current generation, yes NVIDIA did have the fastest card, but I think who did the best overall is ATI. In case you did not know, NVIDIA is currently selling under its manufacturing costs for a long time now. That's what resulted from AMD's agressive pricing. Look at what it gave.

Finally, look at this article, ATI is clearly the one with the most growth. The revenues from the HD4xxx series are what allowed them to develop and launch their next series of GPUs so early compared to NVIDIA. And They will have the fastest cards on the market for some time. Obviously they will be asking a premium for it, like every other manufacturer would do. That's called business.

That being said, I don't think NVIDIA will be able to...

wow....good D Smith lol

And to think that nVidia was the original target of AMD's gpu desires. If I remember correctly the nVidia head wanted to be named the CEO over the combined AMD-nVidia conglomerate. AMD balked at that requirement and purchased ATi instead.....

personally i believe the 5870x2 will show more desirable results then the 5870s in crossfire...... some games do not scale well for crossfire... also my standing is.... the new nvidia cards will not be say 300% faster then the 295gtx i believe when the time comes they the 5870s will be close to the 300 series ... the 5870x2 will perform better then some games then the dual gpu nvidia ... and nvidia.. will perform better in some games... again either way time will tell.... thats just my two cents...

Also when NVIDIA releases the GT300s, ATI may as well be up to the next core revision and launch cards with updated clocks like the HD4890...

wow....good D Smith lol

Thanks bud. I had a wild pleasure writing that. :D

Edit: One thing I am eager to see though is what NVIDIA will be able to achieve with MIMD. That's going to be quite a progress.

Edited by The Smith

No man you don't have it right. Sure NVIDIA might be faster with its GT300 series, but keep in mind that's not going to be until next year.

I am not sure that info is accurate Carl.

I am a little skeptical about those charts that are being shown. Alot of games are older on that list there is not a good selection of newer stuff in it. However its possible those were from a month ago or something hard to say. Its going to be intresting to see where things are going to go thats for sure. :)