5870 price range

N.E.A

...so I'll let time take it's course and pray these numbers improve. <_<

ATI produces a card that may very well blow the GTX295 out of the water with a SINGLE die, lower power consumption, and a lower price...yet you still complain?

I'm going to give up trying to understand your logic. :lol:

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ATI produces a card that may very well blow the GTX295 out of the water with a SINGLE die, lower power consumption, and a lower price...yet you still complain?

I'm going to give up trying to understand your logic. :lol:

we don't know how accurate these are though, they may have been cherry picked benchmarks. The 295 still has a decent lead on the 5870 in WAW (I've only referenced our 295/285 reviews) and also in Left 4 Dead. The problem is that the 295's review was carried out in January so drivers may have the 295 performing better than it did in the review now. I'm not saying the 5870 isn't pumping great numbers for a single core, I just never like to get too excited until I get multiple sources confirming the same results. It does however, seem to be common knowledge that the card will be even longer than those that are out now, which I'm not at all happy with since the concept shots of the 5870 had it shorter than the 4k series. If they were the same length I'd be happy but since they have gotten bigger still, I'm going extra critical on this one. More so than I usually do. I just miss cards you can install with one hand :(

Edited by IVIYTH0S

We don't know if it will blow the 295 out of the water and we don't know pricing yet.

If those numbers stand it will not be a blowout by any means at all. I am also wondering what drivers were used for their testing as well.

Man the suspense lol

If the numbers hold true, it looks like ATi is onto a winner.

One thing I just dont get though, why are people with 4870x2/4850x2 etc going on cant wait to get a 5870???? SURELY there is no game that dosent run on your system atm?

I really dont see why people get so excited about these new cards, when there are few (if any) games that even tax what people are currently running? (I mean, how many ppl ACTUALLY game @ 2560x1600?)

If the numbers hold true, it looks like ATi is onto a winner.

One thing I just dont get though, why are people with 4870x2/4850x2 etc going on cant wait to get a 5870???? SURELY there is no game that dosent run on your system atm?

I really dont see why people get so excited about these new cards, when there are few (if any) games that even tax what people are currently running? (I mean, how many ppl ACTUALLY game @ 2560x1600?)

Just an anaology but a Yugo will get you from point A to point B. Some like having a little more horsepower. Some just like having flashy and new. I'm certainly guilty of that.

We don't know if it will blow the 295 out of the water and we don't know pricing yet.

If those numbers stand it will not be a blowout by any means at all. I am also wondering what drivers were used for their testing as well.

Man the suspense lol

The 5870 is supposed to run around $400.00 is what people are saying the x2 $600.00... :unsure: