Best Air Cooler?

MJCRO

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I'm reading reviews of the Sunbeam cooler, and most of the reviews are with the Q9550 hitting 4 Ghz, but I'm kinda decided on V8, but I'm not sure if a V8 is good choice for the Q9550.

Edited by MJCRO

Wow I'm reading reviews of the Sunbeam cooler, and most of the reviews are with the Q9550 hitting 4 Ghz, but I'm kinda decided on V8, but I'm not sure if a V8 is good choice for the Q9550.

The coolermaster V8 is a good choice too, it's just a matter if you want to spend $25 or $55 for comparable performance.

The coolermaster V8 is a good choice too, it's just a matter if you want to spend $25 or $55 for comparable performance.

:withstupid: exactly, why spend $30 more for the same performance

Edited by ShallowBay

Yeah you guys are right, because I'm looking and it seems like the V8 is a little overkill. And besides I really want to put 2 CM Red 120MM case fans, but I did some research and found out that with a V8 you can only put the lower one. :(

Alright, then I'm gonna take the Contact Freezer combo'd with a Q9550 for $249.99 with free shipping.

I was sold on the latest review, where a guy is running a Q9650 at 4.2 Ghz stable with low temps. NICE :thumbs-up:

I'm just gonna replace the heat sink's fan with a CM 120MM Red LED fan. It'll look awesome.

Edited by MJCRO

I wouldn't go as far as saying that ;)

It is good on a Core 2 Quad. Not the best but darn good

I would, it bests the TRUE sometimes and is SOOO cheap. $25 dollars after rebate for TRUE or TRUE+ performance! :P

Now Im not so sure about that. With the right fan setup the TRUE smokes it.

I'm not really stressing about cash, but I would get the V8, but it's way to big for the HAF 922, and I want to put the side case fans, which I'm sure it won't be a problem with the Contact Freezer. I hope everything goes good though and I'm praying that Newegg doesn't ship me a C0 stepping, because once in a while I see reviews of it still being sold. With an E0, I'm positive I'll hit 4 Ghz with good temps.

I'm not really stressing about cash, but I would get the V8, but it's way to big for the HAF 922, and I want to put the side case fans, which I'm sure it won't be a problem with the Contact Freezer. I hope everything goes good though and I'm praying that Newegg doesn't ship me a C0 stepping, because once in a while I see reviews of it still being sold. With an E0, I'm positive I'll hit 4 Ghz with good temps.

I tried the V8 and took it back. Bought a Tuniq and all has been good since. I'm at right under 4ghz with my 955 and they get hot and the highest temp I have had so far is like 46c and that was at Quakecon. I think the A/C was messed up. in the BYOC that day.

955/965's run really cool with even cheap and decent coolers. My 965 at 4.2 with the HT/NB linked at 3.1 Ghz, 1.475V, My max temp after 9 hours of OCCT linpack was 54C on a CM GeminiII S cooler.