Core i7 920 D0

Nuclear

Hey guys...as promised I've got a few teasers from my newly acquired i7 920 D0. I have to say without a doubt that this has been the most disappointing overclocking session I've experienced in a long time. This is the first time in a long time that I played with a chip that actually pushed past the limits of the motherboard I was testing on, and its quite frustrating because there's so much in this chip that it makes me feel funny inside. A motherboard switch will be taking place in the very near future, one that will go toe to toe with this beast and hopefully tame it.

Here's where I stopped because of motherboard limits:

920D0_457GHz.jpg

I'm finishing up my review and I should have it posted by midnight EST if everything goes right.

Edited by Nuclear

how do you know there more room? is that alot of voltage for a i7?

That's considered to be in the middle of the voltage range for the i7 920. With my water setup I can easily run up to 1.55v, but there's no need to run that high on this chip. My many many years of overclocking experience tell me this chip has a good bit more in it, plus the fact that I know this board cannot run over 218 bclck :(

That's considered to be in the middle of the voltage range for the i7 920. With my water setup I can easily run up to 1.55v, but there's no need to run that high on this chip. My many many years of overclocking experience tell me this chip has a good bit more in it, plus the fact that I know this board cannot run over 218 bclck :(

218 BCLCK MARTY!!!!!

I think it is a matter of how well the chipset is binned. My p6T vanilla does 223 for screen shots and 220 stable. I think its the luck of the board and how granular your voltage adjustments are.

Wow! does that voltage drop much under load? And how do I get one of these Chips?!?! Trade ya ;) man that voltage is low

How stable is it with HT enabled?

Edited by Water_Hazard

I just finished my review and posted it up. I'm not going to post a direct link here because that would be unfair to OCC since its external. It shouldn't be hard to find it though.

This D0 will easily run 4.2GHz 100% stable with HT on. It such a better overclocker than all of my C0 chips, I think I'm going to have to make a phone call and get some more :)