Unofficial AMD Phenom and Athlon overclocking club

Guest ajmatson

Guest ajmatson

Well since we have in the past had great overclocks on AMD hardware I am wanting to move us into the new times with an updated overclocking list for current AMD hardware including the new Athlon's, Phenom's, and Phenom II processors. This is open to all AM2+ and AM3 processors and since they are of all speeds we will not put a certain speed to reach however, you must be able to overclock 600Mhz or more to have it count. So break out those systems and let's see what you can do.

For suicide shots you must have a valid CPU-Z validation link and CPU-Z screenshot. For stable systems you must have the CPU-Z validation link as well as a screenshot of CPU-Z (CPU and Memory tabs) and a completed 1 hour OCCT test.

So without further ado lets seem those scores :)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ajmatson
Going to have anything else like SuperPi competitions? Or just straight up clocks?

We will go on to more competitions as we see more users overclocking AMD hardware :)

We will go on to more competitions as we see more users overclocking AMD hardware :)

Well, I've got my 720 to boot at 3.6GHz. I'm still kinda uncomfortable seeing 1.5v though, hehe. :) I'm gonna play around some more, get it stable and try to lower the voltage a touch.

Here you go. A nice overclock on a PII X4 940 cooled by a beginner's type H2O setup. I've lost the validation but it'll at least get the ball rolling. I rarely post in threads like this because my hardware and clocks change more than my underwear...but it's a start to a great thread.

BTW: Here are the stats on the rig

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940

Motherboard: ASUS M4A79 Deluxe

RAM: 2x1GB GSkill DDR2 1066 @ 4-4-4-12 2.2v

Basic H2O setup

940_4100.jpg

My 720 will boot at 4 GHz but is quickly overwhelmed by heat production (I'm using the stock cooler from an Opteron 175). I'll post up some validations at 3.4 GHz soon.

about to get a REALLY good deal on an x4 940 and 790GX, as well as being cooled by a duOrb cooler. I'll report back with my initial experiences

Edited by IVIYTH0S