Unofficial AMD Phenom and Athlon overclocking club

Guest ajmatson

My money is on heat, these phenoms love to be cold, and the colder the better, and they don't like volts all that much. Not sure how hot exactly your talking but, I've seen pictures of a 955 running at 5.2 at only 1.4v

I'm around 45 degrees C @ 100% load. I think that's pretty good for a 24/7 overclock. dry ice and other exotic cooling methods aren't practical for everyday. H2O cooling would be too much of an expense for what these 2 AMD systems of mine are used for. The extra speed is a bonus but not worth putting any more money into than is neccessary. It's air cooling for these 2.

IVIYTHIOS that AMD Overdrive is pretty good huh? I gave it a go after ajmatson kept posting how much he liked it. On the Biostar board I can't increase the HT Link multiplier any other way. It would be nice if Intel had a comparable program. AMD overdrive has started to grow on me.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm around 45 degrees C @ 100% load. I think that's pretty good for a 24/7 overclock. dry ice and other exotic cooling methods aren't practical for everyday. H2O cooling would be too much of an expense for what these 2 AMD systems of mine are used for. The extra speed is a bonus but not worth putting any more money into than is neccessary. It's air cooling for these 2.

IVIYTHIOS that AMD Overdrive is pretty good huh? I gave it a go after ajmatson kept posting how much he liked it. On the Biostar board I can't increase the HT Link multiplier any other way. It would be nice if Intel had a comparable program. AMD overdrive has started to grow on me.

Yeah it seems pretty cool, naturally I'm not into using it for the permanent clock speeds but for finding them, this is really speeding things up (so is an unlocked multiplier ;))

3.4ghz at stock everything else, now testing 3.6ghz.

temps at 3.4ghz never got over 35C 100% load I love this processor. :D

The only thing I don't like about AOD so far is there seems to be no way to change my CPU-NB freq, which I read is crucial

tried the bump to 3.8ghz and got a BSOD. I'll leave 3.6ghz P95'n all night and then work on it tomorrow (as I'm overclocking it in secret from my dad). Memory at 800mhz 4-4-3-8 2.2v (Super Talent's stock speed believe it or not)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

A warning to all those intrested in nVidia chipsets, they don't have AMD Overdriver.

not to mention nvidia chipsets just aren't good, SLI itself has never been interesting enough to sacrifice a good chipset. Thankfully dual gpu videocards came out.

I woke up today to find that 3.6ghz wasn't stable at stock volts (must have blue screened while I was sleeping), I'll try bumping it to ~3.5ghz

not to mention nvidia chipsets just aren't good, SLI itself has never been interesting enough to sacrifice a good chipset. Thankfully dual gpu videocards came out.

I woke up today to find that 3.6ghz wasn't stable at stock volts (must have blue screened while I was sleeping), I'll try bumping it to ~3.5ghz

Hey IvI... what mobo are you using?

Second attempt: 3.7 with a 1.44v....

post-65729-1248632631_thumb.jpg

Edited by RaPiDo987

Oh I forgot to ask, what is the purpose of tweaking the HTT freq?? I see no mention in my guide about tweaking it ever, so should I just leave it alone??

and also is it better to have the memory controllers ganged or unganged??