ebay..

nVidia_Freak

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

may i ask what you bought from the ebay guy. just leave + feedback and be the bigger man he might really need the money. im not taking sides and the person is in the wrong for the jerk style pm's but you dont know whats going on in his life even though he shouldnt let it get into his ebay selling.

Holy sh.t the response! :lol:

th_4.png

th_3.png

Jesus, I'm leaning toward not leaving the SOB feedback at all! :lol: Ffs, it's a very valid question to ask how items are going to be packed, especially if they're fragile objects.

I'm wondering if there's something going on with this guy's account, here's the first message I got from him before I made the purchase.

th_5.png

But yes, I'll get in touch with ebay about this character.

Send the butnugget this webpage. It's a newer policy to hold funds on what seems to be a risky transaction, or on someone new to selling.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=x...ayments-outside

Why would PayPal hold one of my payments?

To increase marketplace safety, we may hold payments that seem risky. Here are some common reasons for holding payments:

You have been an eBay member for less than 6 months, and you sell an item for more than $100, or

You have an eBay feedback score of less than 100, and you sell an item for more than $100, or

You have a Buyer dissatisfaction percentage** 5% or greater than 5%, or

You have an average Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) of less than 4.5, or

You have received fewer than 20 Detailed Seller Ratings in the last 12 months, or

You are listing your item in a high-risk category such as gift certificates, video games, cell phones, computers or consumer electronics.

Thats pretty much it..the Seller did NOT read the new EULA...I just went through this a while back in another thread where this happened to me...

Ebay said to me almost 50% of their auction result in fraud...they told me this on the phone...it's either the buyer shafting the seller or vice versus...

this does bother some but once explained the money is there BUT you either need Positive feedback OR the buyer receives the product...as SOON as he/she receive it the money it then accessible...

to protect me I sell NOTHING on Ebay without Signature Confirmation...Ebay suggest this to Sellers to protect themselves from buyers who try the "I didnt receive my goods" line...

you can thank all the scammers for all this hassle but this dude is a tool and I would report him and stop egging him on...I hope you receive your goods in working order...

As soon as I got the first email from him I would have filed a Paypal dispute and tied up the money even longer...screw that dude...

Have they changed the feedback policy? Because the way it worked last time I had a problem like this is that you neg-feedback him and he'll just neg you, then submit for mutual removal. So most sellers would just hold their feedback until they see yours so they can extort a good review out of you with threats of a neg on your record. And usually sellers had all the power because they've got long feedback lists. I neg'd my seller and got one back. 1 neg out of 500 for him, 1 out of 9 for me. Who gets hurt more?

Have they changed the feedback policy? Because the way it worked last time I had a problem like this is that you neg-feedback him and he'll just neg you, then submit for mutual removal. So most sellers would just hold their feedback until they see yours so they can extort a good review out of you with threats of a neg on your record. And usually sellers had all the power because they've got long feedback lists. I neg'd my seller and got one back. 1 neg out of 500 for him, 1 out of 9 for me. Who gets hurt more?

Buyers cannot be neg'd now.... Which still sucks because buyers can be scammers just as much as sellers.

to protect me I sell NOTHING on Ebay without Signature Confirmation...Ebay suggest this to Sellers to protect themselves from buyers who try the "I didnt receive my goods" line...

Actually, there is one scam that trumps this and PayPal will not even bother to look into it... Some buyers will claim that their PayPal account was hacked and someone else made the purchase. PayPal will automatically take the money back and give it to the buyer. A friend of mine just went through this AGAIN and is now going through the police. Same person scammed him last time under a different username a few years ago for $391. Del sent the package with Delivery AND Signature Confirmation. Buyer signed for it, got the items, and filed a Chargeback a month later. PayPal swooped in and locked his account and will not even look at the fact that this twit SIGNED for the package in person. And of course now you have to use PayPal for ALL transactions on ebay.

Yeah, this junk is exactly why I find myself using ebay less and less. As if the huge selling fees aren't bad enough, all the different scams out there make it too much hassle to be worth it. It just takes getting scammed one time before you just get so skeptical. The "protection" systems don't work. They're always modifying them, but they don't get any better. Just different. One day it's easier to scam as a buyer, then next it's as a seller. What's the difference?

I recently ordered a center console from my car on ebay because they're ONLY available in Japan and you can't order them direct from overseas. That's about the only time I use ebay anymore. When there's no other choice.

this is why i only buy for powersellers, even than i was taken for a ride but for like $5 so i didn't care. as for selling it's the worst, just about ever sale i've done people complain saying that i didn't include something or never shipped so i take pictures and keep the tracking number. I show it to the buyer and they seems to forget all about jerking me around.

So he thinks with his feedback of 20, that one negative feedback will mean his score drops by 0.5%? Guy didn't do so well in maths class, eh? :lol:

I would wait for the package to arrive and just not leave feedback.

I'd certainly leave negative feedback for no other reason that the messages sent. IRRC ebay now breaks the feedback into different sections, so it doesn't have to be negative for everything.... though I am spiteful like that. :P