Fear2

cjloki

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished the FEAR2 SP last night. The game did redeem itself some in the later stages, in the end I feel like I got my monies worth out of it. I was entertained and the SP wasn't short... :rolleyes:

I finished it over the weekend and I'd give it about an 80%. The plot was pretty good but sometimes the action got a little tedious for me. The multiplayer is OK at best. Just not that deep.

Wasn't the ending MESSED UP??? If you're not sure exactly what happened, look at the plot summary on wikipedia. I'd paste it here but I don't want to give away spoilers, lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Just started playing it last night. I am pretty into it. I think it is a really good game but isn't as powerful as the first one. It was something new back then but I tell you what this game creeps me out. The sound and ambient noise is awesome. I give it a 9/10.

I am not going to lie, the demo scared me too much to d'load the game. Not because of nightmares or anything like that, but it just keeps me way too tense for too long and never lets up. Also a few questions,

I am interested in those of you who have had bad experiences with steam? The first game I bought was half life and dod from steam and have always loved the service.

What do you guys mean when you refer to "consolitis?"

The game feels like it should be played on a console because of whatever.

Leftover commands for console controllers.

Bad optimization for a mouse and keyboard.

Any other stuff that you might find on a console.

I'm sure some of you will think I'm crazy or whatever but oh well, to be honest I didn't like the game much. For the most part, I disliked it because it didn't feel like fear, I expected a sequel to the first one that I loved but instead it felt like I was playing a completely different game. Overall I would give it 7/10, to me the game was just really weak in the scare factor, I liked to way it scared in the first one, to where you were isolated completely, also the lack of enemies in fear 2... that just really bugged me, felt more like I was going on an adventure than shooting up enemies, I did love the addition of the robots though, that part was a lot of fun. I would recommend it but not praise it.

after reading the posts, a lot of people have said this game still has the suspense and scare factor that the first one provided, but after reading Deathmineral's view of the game im questioning if the sequel is worth picking up, ive beaten the first one twice (once on moderate and again on the hardest setting) and both times even tho i knew what would happen, it still sent shivers down my spine, doom 3 didn't even make me flinch which was rather disappointing, spose i should try the demo before going out and grabbing the full game

I am not going to lie, the demo scared me too much to d'load the game. Not because of nightmares or anything like that, but it just keeps me way too tense for too long and never lets up. Also a few questions,

I am interested in those of you who have had bad experiences with steam? The first game I bought was half life and dod from steam and have always loved the service.

i was skeptical of steam in the beginning but the truth is i have never had what you might call a "bad" experience....the only thing that bugs are the adverts but even they aren't that outta wack and sometimes there are really good deals... i guess that's how they get their message out there and stay in business....cya ....cj :D

I know this is getting off-topic, but I have never had a problem with Steam.

I have 15 games purchased over Steam (often for cheaper than in-store) and never had a problem with any of them. The best part is that I lose CDs sometimes, like C&C The First Decade, I lost it twice and rebought it again recently; wish I had it on Steam, it would have saved me $50.

The only thing is that the updates are not synchronized with the retail update, it's often released later in the day. Regardless, I've been using Steam since it was released and can say it is the best digital distribution platform. If only they had every game :(

I am at the final stage of Fear2. I wanted to wait until I was wide awake to finish the game. I really like it. It is different that the first Fear and not as good but still worth playing by all means. I would say 8.5/10 for me.